Chapter 89

After taking notes on the changes we want to make, Quackity and I leave the restaurant to plan ahead for the renovation.

"Quackity, I hope you don't mind but I kind of want to have a wonder around for a bit. You know, clear my head?" I tell him and he stops. He turns to me with a slight nod, bringing his arms to wrap around me.

"That's fine mi amor. But please be safe. You've already been hurt enough. I don't know what I'd do if I see you get hurt again." He kisses my forehead gently.

I close my eyes, savouring the sweet moment before it's gone.

"Please be careful. Okay?" He asks and I nod, placing one last kiss to his lips before I walk towards the spruce woods.

I walk in the direction of the smp, my limp still visible due to me trying not to put too much pressure on my leg.

Soon enough, I find myself walking along the prime path. But I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my lower leg causing me to let out a small yell.

I sit down on the grassy hill, examining my leg. A small amount of blood begins seeping through the once white bandage on my leg, the wound obviously opening slightly.

"Shit..." I whisper to myself, looking out in front of me to notice that I had walked all the way to where L'manburg once was. But the glass isn't there like it was before.

Instead, the crater is now open, green grass littering the hills on the side, a small waterfall drops into the large hole from the side, leading from a little pond.

I forget about my wound for the moment since it isn't anything serious and limp over to the almost beautiful sight in front of me.

I carefully peer over the edge, admiring the water which sat at the bottom, the old L'manburg flag stuck down there forever.

If I didn't know this places past, I'd say it looks almost beautiful.

I continue my observation of the area, spotting a small figure sat on top of a hill, their hands covering their face.

I limp across the side of the hill, careful not to fall as I get closer to the person.

"Tubbo?" I ask softly to not startle him. He slowly removes his hands from his face, tears staining his cheeks.

"Y-Y/N?" He sniffles out and I quickly make my way over to the boy, sitting down next to him.

"Hey it's okay. Let it all out." I comfort him by bringing him into a comforting hug. It always pains me to see Tubbo this way since I've always seen him as a little brother. Just like Tommy.

He cries into my shoulder as I rub his back to help him calm down.

We sit in silence for another few minutes as I let Tubbo cry into my shoulder. He eventually sits back, wiping the last tear from his face, his cheeks slightly red.

"Thank you..." he sighs, looking down at his hands, not knowing what to say.

"It's alright Tubbo. Can I ask what happened?" I tread lightly, knowing not to push him but he just stares out in front of us.

"It was Wilbur. He came to speak to me and Ranboo was with him." He tells me, his voice still quiet but hoarse from the crying.

Wilbur? What did he want with Tubbo?

"What did he say? Did he hurt you?" I ask and he shakes his head, no.

"He wanted me to join him. Why did Ranboo join him?" Tubbo asks me, trying not to cry again. I let my fingers pluck at the crass beside me not knowing what to say.

"Y/N, what happened to your leg?" He asks a bit startled. I look down at the bandages, completely forgetting about the wounds reopening.

"Do you want to know the truth?" I wait for his response which is just a simple nod, continuing the story.

"It was Wilbur and Ranboo. You see, back at Las Nevadas, Quackity and I have a restaurant. Long story short, the pair of them blew part of it up and broke a few windows whilst I was inside. It did a bit of damage on me but I'm okay." I give a weak laugh, trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

I can tell Tubbo is taken back by the mention of Ranboo. The two of them were supposed to be inseparable. But now Ranboo has finally taken a side, they aren't as close as they used to be.

"I told him to leave me alone. I regret it Y/N but at the same time I don't. I don't know what to do Y/N." Tubbo says honestly.

We continue to stare out into the cratee below us, listening to the small running water of the waterfall across from us.

"I know how you feel Tubs. Ranboo has always been a middle ground kind of guy but now he's taken a side, Wilbur's side, everything feels different. But trust me, he's gonna come to his senses eventually." I finish, hoping to spark a bit of hope in the boy next to me.

"I know. I just don't know what my purpose is anymore. I'm no longer president. I can't work on the cookie castle alone. Ranboo has left Michael and I alone. I don't know what to do." He tells me honestly.

Since the beginning, everything around Tubbo has been horrible. Wilbur made him the president of a country which he blew up moments after. Then he met Ranboo who has now joined the enemies side.

I think Tubbo just needs a secure place to stay along with Michael. A place which will be safe where no one will try to hurt them ever again. A place like Las Nevadas.

Then I get an idea.

"Tubbo, what if I offered you a job?"