Chapter 10

I rub my eyes, splashing cold water on my face. I stare at my reflection in the mirror, praying that it doesn't talk back to me.

I gain my composure, getting dressed and ready for the day. I'm just about to put on my boots when I hear a knock on my door. I place the boots down and open the door, revealing Quackity.

He looks down at the floor and tries not to look at me.

"Can I come in?" He quietly asks and I nod, stepping aside for him to enter. I lock the door behind us, waiting for him to even look my way.

"What's up Quackity? You're never this quiet." I make a joke to try lighten the mood, laughing go try get him to join in. When he doesn't respond, my face hardens and my serious side shows itself just like it has done for previous years.

"Talk to me. What's the matter?"

Quackity sighs but still doesn't look at me. He runs his finger over an old small scar on his index finger.

I slowly walk over to him, placing a finger under his chin and making him look up at me.

I let out a small gasp, observing his face. He has a bruise on his cheek and a busted lip. A look of pain and suffering washes over his face which makes my blood boil.

"Who did this to you? Was it Schlatt?!" I raise my voice but all he does is give a small nod of his head.

I feel as if my eyes darken and a wash of pure rage flows through my veins. No one messes with my friends and gets away with it.

For a moment, my mind goes back to Quackity. Friends. No more.

"Stay here." I lowly say to the poor boy sat on my bed. Before he even gets the chance to protest, I'm on my way down the halls.

I storm through the building with my fists clenched. I make my way to Schlatt's office, kicking down the door. Literally.

"You! You fucking son of a bitch!" I punch Schlatt in the face. Dream sits on a chair at the opposite side of the desk, watching in amusement but I pay no attention to the man in the mask.

Schlatt grips his jaw, eyes practically turning red before he let's out a horrific laugh. A laugh which could terrify even the bravest of warriors.

"Oh Y/N... Y/N, Y/N, Y/N. I thought I told you not to step out of line. I thought I'd made it crystal clear. It's a good job I like having you around sweet cheeks." The ram horned man laughs.

But I don't back down.

I'm his best fighter. What's he gonna do?

The next thing I know, I feel a slap to the side of my face and I look at Schlatt with pure rage.

"Oh Y/N. I'm not gonna kill you! We have a special celebration coming up! A festival if you will. You will surely be dying to be there." He finishes, edging me out the door.

Before I fully leave, I see Dream smirking from under his mask. He sends a little wave my way so I send a middle finger back at him.

Schlatt slams the door on my face and I punch the wall, remembering that I left Quackity back in my room.

I rush back, feeling a sting on my knuckles from punching both Schlatt and the wall.

"Quackity? You still here?" I softly ask but get no reply. He's not on the bed so maybe he-

I hear a soft sob coming from the bathroom and my heart drops. I make my way over to the bathroom and open the door, revealing a broken Quackity sat on the floor. He has his head in his hands.

"Hey, it's okay to cry. Shhhh, let it out. Crying is what makes you strong. It shows emotion, not weakness." I sit on the floor beside him, pulling him in for a hug, his tears dripping onto my shoulder.

The only time I have ever shown emotions like this is around Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, Fundy and Niki. Everyone else only saw my cold and powerful side.

Eventually, Quackity's sons quieten down and he relaxes. I place my hand on his cheek, wiping away a few stray tears.

"Thanks mamacita." He whispers with a slight laugh, trying to lighten up the mood. I playfully roll my eyes but smile at him in return.

"Don't mention it big Q. Now... let's get you cleaned up." I reply, sitting him on the side of the bathtub as I open a cupboard full of medical supplies.

I take out rubbing alcohol and some whipes. I probed to clean the excess blood off his face and patch him up. He winces a few times but I make sure to apologise.

"There. Good as new!" I say to him, offering a smile. Of course the bruises are still there but I want him to feel better.

"Thanks Y/N." He thanks me and I give him a slight not, turning back to the cupboard to put away the medical supplies.

When I close the cupboard door, I see Quackity in the mirrors reflection. He stares at me.

I turn around to face him but this time, he's staring straight at me and not through the mirror.

We stay staring at each other for a few more seconds until he steps closer to me. He gets closer and closer until we are only a few inches apart.

We stare into each others eyes, not one of us breaking eye contact.

He begins leaning in.

So do I.

Then, a loud knock on the door breaks us apart and we awkwardly look away from each other. Quackity rubs the back of his neck and looks away, a slight blush on his cheeks.

I walk towards my bedroom door.

Who the fuck could this be?