Chapter 85

The three of us walk through the woods towards an all too familiar location.

"I want to create a competitive business. When people visit Las Nevadas, they will be drawn to our burger van. Then they will go back to Las Nevadas with our product." Wilbur says and I get a sinking feeling.

"With all due respect Wilbur, I helped create Las Nevadas too. I don't think drawing business away from the country is a good idea." I run my hand over my arm nervously.

"Y/N! You know better than anyone else that we should be doing this! We can take power away from Las Nevadas which means drawing power away from Quackity! Isn't that what you want?" Wilbur asks me.

Is it what I want? I don't necessarily want Quackity to lose power. I just want the old Quackity back. The kind, funny boyfriend who would always make me smile.

"No. This isn't right." I shake my head, looking over at Ranboo who looks kind of guilty.

"Suit yourself. Ranboo are you still going to help me?" Wilbur asks the tall boy who gives a slight nod.

"Good. I'm glad you'll be joining me with this. Now let's get to work."

I sit under a tree, watching as the two of them begin the building process of their burger van. I could put a stop to this right now but my mind is screaming at me to not get involved.

"Can I be real with you man? ...I think I scare people." Wilbur randomly says and I look up, my attention drawn back to the conversation going on in front of me.

"I mean...yeah, I do the same thing." Ranboo replies sheepishly. The look on his face being a mixture of sadness, pain and a hint of guilt.

I haven't spent much time around Ranboo but I know that he doesn't scare me. Not one bit. And I'm sure he doesn't scare Tubbo either.

"No, not in - no no, I mean I...I don't think I... I think a lot of people share your idea, but they share your idea in trying to - trying to keep me from hurting them, you know? Like they've seen what I can do and they don't want me to do it again, so they adopt your emotion in order to do it." Wilbur admits.

I understand why people are scared of him. Before he died, when he blew up L'manburg, he left a mark on people. A metaphorical mark which scarred all of us.

But I'm not scared of him. I'm just scared of what he'll do.

He claims that he's changed but deep down, I know that he will eventually revert back to his old ways of TNT and violence. It's only a matter of time.

"You know, I know how you both feel." I stand up, walking towards them as they listen to me.

"People used to be scared of me. I think some people still are. I know Dream is. The look in his eyes when I visited him in prison told me that. He saw me as a monster, despite him being one himself." I say, crossing my arms over my chest to warm myself up.

I leave out the part of the story where I tortured Dream but the rest of the story is true. Whilst Dream is stuck in that prison, he is scared of me. He's completely defenseless.

"Well we're not scared of you. Right Ranboo?" Wilbur smiles, Ranboo nodding along.

I smile slightly, sitting back down by the tree I was at before.

"You know, it's not too late to join us if you want Y/N." Wilbur offers.

I know this all an act. Wilbur has always had a manipulative streak. So has Dream. So has Quackity. I'm not dumb or blind to his manipulative ways.

Of course I'm not going to join him but for now, I need to stay on his good side, figure out what he's up to.

"I'll think about it."

Wilbur nods, getting back to work on the burger van. He places a sign on top of it which reads 'The Wilburger Ranvan' which makes me laugh ever so slightly, the name sounding funny to me.

My eyes wonder over to Las Nevadas. I wonder if Quackity is having the time of his life right now or maybe he's forgotten about what he said yesterday.

Did he really mean what he said or was he just stressed. Business has been rising in Las Nevadas for the past few weeks which has had Quackity on his feet more than ever.

If I go back, will he accept me back? Will he still love me the same?

On the other hand, I could stay with Wilbur and Ranboo. Ir what about Phil? He forgave everything after the doomsday war which means he might even let me stay with him.

But I know that every minute I spend away from Quackity, my heart breaks just a little more as the time passes.

I have to go back.

"Wilbur, I think I'm gonna head over to Las Nevadas." I say, standing up from the ground.

Wilbur claps his hands together with a large smile.

"Well that's great! We're just about to head on over there too, aren't we Ranboo?" Wilbur asks the poor boy who gives a small hesitant nod.

"Oh. Why would you be going to Las Nevadas? I thought you wouldn't be going back there." I state with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, I just thought I'd show Ranboo here our competition." He smirks, placing two hands on Ranboo's arms, guiding him over to Las Nevadas.

The restaurant. He's planning something and I have to stop him.