Chapter 35

Ever so slightly, I feel myself regain consciousness. I move my legs and arms, getting all feeling back into my limbs.

I slowly pry open my eyes, staring at the ceiling above me. I tilt my head to the side, seeing Quackity beside me on a bed next to mine.

"Quackity..."

I try to get his attention but I feel a sharp pain shoot through my face. I wince and stand up, walking over to the small mirror hung on the wall.

My own reflection stares back at me as I lift my hand up to the side of my face. There sits a large white bandage on the right side of my face, going from under my eye to my jaw.

The fight.

I hear a groan come from behind me and I rush over to sit beside Quackity who begins to wake up.

"Y/N..." he opens his right eye since he had a bandage covering his left eye. He raises his hand to take it off but I stop him by grabbing his hand.

"Stop Quackity. As much as it might get annoying, you have to keep it on." I tell him and he sighs, agreeing that I'm right.

Once he's fully awake, he takes a long look at me but then his face drops.

"Did Techno do that?" He asks, pointing to the bandage on my face. I trace my fingers over the bandage and nod slightly.

"I tried Quackity. He got away. Dream helped him escape through the tunnels."

Quackity's eye darkens and he sits up and gets out of his bed, pulling on his blue jacket.

"I think it's about time we call a meeting." He announces but I place a hand on his shoulder.

"We can gather the others in a few minutes. But I need to ask about El Rapids."

"Sure, what about it?" He smiles at me which melts my heart, despite the both of us being coved in bandages, we are still able to show a smile.

"Well... I know you finally agreed with George to create your own country and... I said i would join. But I'm not sure that's what I want anymore." I say truthfully. Quackity's face drops as a look of confusion washes over his face.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I want to be as far away from Dream as possible Quackity. Sapnap is part of El Rapids and he's in close contact with Dream. They're best friends along with George. It's not safe."

Quackity looks disheartened that I no longer wish to join the other countries side with him. However, he nods his head, understanding my argument.

"I get it Y/N. And honestly, I don't blame you. I can't help but feel like the place will come crumbling to the ground anyway. Just like old L'manburg did." Quackity agrees with me and I wrap my arms around him as I press my face into his chest.

He wraps his arms around my back as he laughs a bit. I hear his heartbeat quicken as he looks at our reflection in the mirror.

"Thank you for understanding."

Quackity presses a gentle kiss to my forehead as he pulls away from me. I look at him, scanning over his face. I gently run my fingers over the bandage which lay across his eye.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you better love. I really wish I tried harder." I tell my boyfriend honestly, wishing that I could turn back time to re-do the fight.

"It wasn't your fault mi amor. At least you were there to fight by my side. That's all I could ever ask for."

"I will always stay by your side." I tell him and I watch as his face lights up.

"I love you Y/N. So much."

"I love you too. I'd take down cities for you if I had to." I give him a soft smile and he laughs at me, playfully kissing the tip of my nose.

"You missed." I cheekily say and he rolls his eyes.

"No I'm pretty sure I didn't. You got a kiss didn't you?"

"Well it was supposed to be here." I raise my index finger and point to my lips with a small smirk.

"Have it your way."

I feel his soft lips placed onto mine in seconds. He places his hand on the side of my face and I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

He slowly pulls away and I open my eyes to see him giving me a small smile.

"Is that better."

"I think you'll have to do it again. I couldn't quite tell."

Once again, he pulls me back into the kiss. This time, the kiss seems to hold a sense of desperation. I reach my hand up and pull off his beanie as he continues to kiss me with his soft lips.

With no warning, the door bursts open and Quackity and I jump away from each other.

"Holy- I am so sorry. I'll come back in a bit then..." Tubbo backs out of the room with a red face, embarrassed due to what he witnessed. It wasn't even that bad.

I laugh at the young president, placing Quackity's blue beanie on my head, my hair poking out of it.

"What are you- Hey give me that!" Quackity rips the beanie from off my head and I frown. He places his beanie back on his head and looks at me.

"As much as I love to see you in my beanie, I will be keeping this on for now. If I feel like it, you can wear it later... maybe." He tells me and I jokingly shove him away, pulling on my F/C jacket as we head go the door.

"I think we should call that meeting now. That's if you're up to it." I point towards the bandage on his eye and he slightly nods.

"Let's go call ourselves a butcher army meeting."