Chapter 53

A few days go by and not much seems to change. Las Nevadas is coming along nicely and it should be finished soon enough.

Quackity and I have spent most of our time at home or talking to Karl, Sapnap and George about everything and nothing.

Although I don't know if they know about Las Nevadas. What will they think when we leave?

"And the look on Tommy's face was priceless. Although thinking about it now, I kinda feel bad." Sapnap finishes telling us the story about the pet war. I never really got involved with any of that so I didn't know much about what happened.

"Hey speaking of Tommy, has anyone seen him recently?" Quackity asks, looking around at everyone.

They all turn towards me, waiting for an answer. The sounds of the crackling fire in the dark is the only thing keeping away the awkward silence.

"Well don't look at me! I haven't seen him since we saw him on the prime path the other day." I hold my hands up in defense.

"Maybe he's with Techno and Phil or something." Sapnap shrugs and I grit my teeth hard.

"Don't say his name." I say in an aggravated tone. Sapnap apologises but understands that I'm not really angry at him but more towards the memories of Technoblade.

"Should we go look for him?" George suggests but Karl shakes his head.

"I think he'll be okay guys. I'm sure he's fine." He smiles nervously, almost as if he knows something.

I brush it off, watching as the marshmallows on the end of our sticks turn golden as we hold them on top of the fire.

"Hey Sapnap."

He turns to look at me and I throw an untoasted marshmallow at his face. It hits him on the forehead and he looks at me in shock before smirking, taking out his own marshmallow.

"Oh it's on!"

Soon enough the five of us are running around Kinoko Kingdom, throwing marshmallows at each other.

I laugh, hiding behind a building to catch my breath. A few seconds later though, I feel an arm wrap around my waist. I turn to see Quackity with another marshmallow in his hands. However, it was a slightly toasted one which was gooey.

"Don't you dare. Don't do it!" I laugh, trying to get away but he keeps a tight grip on me.

He raises the melted marshmallow to my face, running his fingers over my lips, causing the melted marshmallow to cover my chin and lips.

"Quackity!" I laugh as he smirks.

"What? Do you need help getting rid of it?" He smirks, pulling me even closer to him. He looks down at my lips before leaning into a kiss.

The kiss is passionate but delicate at the same time. The stars in the night sky shine around us as crickets call out in the dark.

"I don't think it worked." He laughs as he pulls away from me. He only made more of a mess. The sticky marshmallow was now smeared on both of our faces so we try our best to wipe it away.

"We you brought that on yourself mister. Next time don't use marshmallows as an excuse to get a kiss from me." I roll my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.

"But you liked it though, right?" He smirks and I pretend to think for a moment, bringing a finger up to my chin.

"Meh it was okay I guess." I shrug causing him to place a hand over his chest in a joking way.

"Y/N you've broken my heart. I don't know if I can go on anymore if you do not truly love me!" He dramatically exclaims, sitting on the grass.

"Well I guess this is farewell my love! May we meet again." I dramatically bow down to him and begin walking away with a smirk on my face.

"What? No come back!" He rushes after me. I take this as my chance to run, screaming and laughing at the same time.

"No Quackity stop!" I laugh as he continues to chace me around each building.

I climb one of the tallest buildings as fast as I possibly can, making it onto the roof. I let out a breath, laying in my back as I continue to stare at the beautiful night sky.

"There you are!"

"Ahh!" I yell, almost having a heart attack from him scaring me. He laughs and sits down next to me as I dangle my legs over the edge of the roof.

"So what are you doing?" He asks, shifting closer to me.

"Oh you know, just watching the stars. I like to find the brightest star in the sky." I smile, looking out into the endless void full of stars.

"Well I'm looking at the brightest star right now."

I turn to look at Quackity to see him looking at me already. I raise my eyebrow, thinking that he was looking past me but I was right the first time. He is looking at me.

"Me?" I ask, confused but he rolls his eyes, pulling me into his side.

"Yes you dumbass. You're the brightest star in the sky. The diamond in the centre of coal." He smiles genuinely and I copy his actions.

"I love you so so much Quackity. I can't wait until we no longer have to worry about our problems. We can finally leave it all behind." I smile and he leans his head on mine.

"I love you too. I can't wait to spend more time with you too."

We look out into the night as we cuddle on the rooftop, keeping each other warm.

"Oh look at that. It's a shooting star. Make a wish Y/N." Quackity points to the bright star shooting across the night sky.

I close my eyes, thinking about the perfect thing to wish for.

"So what did you wish for mi amor?" He asks, wrapping his arms around my waist as he stands behind me.

"Oh well I can't tell you that or it wont come true." I laugh and he rolls his eyes.

I wish to spend eternity with you.