Chapter 25

I hear the clanking of rails as if a train was hitting full speed towards its destination.

I pry my eyes open, only to find myself on a train. An empty train.

"Hello?" I shout but no one answers.

I stand up from my seat, walking towards the next carriage. No one.

I continue to the next but there is still no one. I go to the next, then the next, then the next but I'm still alone.

I'm stuck on an endless train.

After a few minutes of moving through the ghost train, I feel the train slowly come to a stop. The glass windows freeze over so I can't see what awaits outside.

"Northern and Waterloo and City Lines, and National Rail Services. This train terminates at Stanmore." A voice says through a tannoy.

Outside the train, I hear a soft guitar playing and I try to listen as I hear a voice. I press my ear to the door but begin falling when the doors jerk open.

I fall to the cold floor out of the train but before I can get back on, the doors close and the train departs from the station.

Once again, I hear a guitar playing but this time, it's more aggressive.

"There's a reason. That London puts barriers on the tube lines. There's a reason that London puts barriers on the rails." A voice sings.

Wilbur?

I rush towards the voice and there he is. Wilbur sits on the side of the train platform, his legs dangling onto the rails as he plays his guitar.

"Wilbur?!"

He whips his head around and stops playing. He slowly stands up in shock. He takes a few slow steps towards me.

"No... no, no, no! Y/N you're not supposed to be here! How are you here?!" He cries as he runs towards me, embracing me in a tight hug. Tear drops land on my shoulder as I stand in shock.

"You're not supposed to have died Y/N..." he cries, wrapping his arms around me tighter.

I sob into his shoulder, shivering slightly as the cold air of the empty station blows towards us.

"I'm sorry Wil. I had to save them." I cry. The pair of us stand in the middle of the station. Scared and alone.

"Where are we anyway?" I ask, looking around as I try to figure a way out. Wilbur follows me and sits down on a bench. "It's practically hell Y/N... my own personal limbo. I mean, it's yours now too apparently. We are stuck here for eternity. There's no way out." Wilbur sighs as I let myself lean against a pillar.

"Wilbur... I'm not who you think I am." I break the eerie silence. He looks up at me and furrows his eyebrows.

"I'm... something else. I'm a monster Wil. Someone who people should be scared of... I'm not human. At least not fully." I tell him, taking a seat next to him. I lean my head on his shoulder as he drapes a comforting arm around me.

"Well Y/N, no matter who or what you are... you will always be my little sister." He smiles at me and I let out a small effortless laugh.

We sit in a comfortable silence until he speaks up again.

"Can I sing you a song? I wrote it myself." My brother tells me and I nod my head as he picks up his guitar, effortlessly playing each chord.

"On the path of least resistance, I find myself salting the Earth. Every time that I miss you, I feel the way you hurt. And I don't deserve you, you deserve the world. Though it feels like we were built from the same dirt." He sings and I just stare as he plays on.

The next words hit hard.

"I hate to say it, but your sister was right. Don't trust English boys with far too much free time. And I hate to say it, but your sister was right. I'm nothing but a problem, leave you crying overnight." He goes to carry on but the tears and sobs prevent him from doing so.

I bring him into a tight embrace as he drops his guitar, the sound of it hitting the ground echo through the empty station in a bone chilling way.

"It's okay Wilbur. What you did may have not been the best idea but at least everyone is okay now." I whisper as he eventually stops sobbing.

"But you're here Y/N. You died."

I wipe away his tears as I look up at my older brother with a soft smile.

"That was my choice to save everyone I love." I tell him truthfully and he stares back at me.

"Quackity. You loved him didn't you?" He questions, a knowing look on his face. My smile drops as I nod my head.

"He loved you too you know. I saw they way he looked at you." Wilbur smiles and I laugh a bit, knowing that Quackity felt the same way towards me.

"Wilbur? Why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Why did you blow up-"

I'm interrupted by the sound of another train flying down the tracks. It stops on our station platform as the same voice from before repeats the same words it said when I first arrived.

The doors slowly open and a hooded figure stands in the doorway.

"Wil, who's that?" I ask, my voice shaking slightly. "I don't know." He answers as the figure steps off the train.

But this time, the train doesn't leave the station.

The figure walks over to us but I still don't see their face. They tightly grip my wrist, pulling me away from Wilbur.

"Wil, Wilbur help! Get off me!" I try to tear myself away from the figure but it's no use.

I'm thrown onto the train as the figure walks on with me. The doors slam shut as Wilbur is locked outside the train.

"No! Wilbur please! Let me out!" I scream, slamming my fists into the glass windows but they don't break. Not even a single crack.

The train begins to leave and I see Wilbur crying out to me from the platform but it's no use.

The train leaves once again.

I look at the hooded figure and run over to them, raising my fists to throw a punch but they catch my wrist before I throw a punch.

A bright light surrounds me as I feel myself flying backwards. I hit the ground, feeling the grass underneath me.

"It's time to wake up Y/N..."