Chapter 96

As the day ends, everyone heads off to bed. No one noticed the beautiful ring on my finger so I'll have a fun time telling everyone the great news.

Quackity lays in bed beside me, his arms wrapped around me, making me feel safe. He is my home.

All the excitement is swimming around my head and prevents me from sleeping. But I don't care.

I melt into Quackity's touch and pull the bed sheets further up to get cozy, finally closing my eyes.

When I open my eyes once again, I see that I'm back at L'manburg. Old L'manburg. The high blackstone walls stand proud as the camarvan is stood proudly in the centre.

"Hello? Tommy? Tubbo? Quackity? Is anyone here?" I ask, my voice echoing back to me as no one answers back.

I leave beyond the walls to follow the prime path towards the community house and I still see no one.

By the water, I spot Striker, my horse stood waiting for me. I hop onto the saddle and grip the reigns.

"Come on boy. To Las Nevadas!" I grip on tightly as we begin running full speed towards Las Nevadas, passing trees and shrubbery. However, there is no wildlife which is quite strange.

I look ahead of me to see the large sign with no lights turned on. Maybe it's just because of the daytime.

I slow down the horse and eventually come to a stop. My hand flying over my mouth at the sight.

Everything is gone. Destroyed. It is as clear as day that someone set off a chain reaction of TNT just like in L'manburg.

"Oh no... no, no please. Is anyone here?!" I yell but my voice only echoes back once again.

I jump off the horse and rush towards the fountain to see nothing but a pair of glasses and a few blotches of green slime.

"Oh god... Charlie." I gently take the glasses and grip them in my hands. I feel tears well in my eyes but I hold back my emotions.

I look to my left and see someone else coverd in both ash and blood.

"Dad? No!" I rush towards him, placing my fingers to his neck to find a pulse.

Nothing.

"This is a Dream. Wake up Y/N. Wake up! Wake up!" I shout to myself pinching myself to try wake up.

"This isn't a dream Y/N... this is what the future will be." An echoing voice laughs in the distance.

"No Dream, you're wrong. Now get out of my head!!!" I cover my ears to stop his laughs, suddenly silencing them.

My heavy breathing continues as I stand up on shaky legs, stumbling over to the remains of the restaurant. I make my way through the broken brick and debris, spotting a hand sticking out from under the rubble. Next to the hand is a smaller one.

"Oh shit... not you too." A tear slips down my cheek as I frantically get down on my knees and uncover the two bodies from under the rubble.

Tubbo lays on the ground completely still with his eyes closed, his other arm trying to protect Michael who also remains still.

"Tubbo get up. Get up! Please..." I shake him gently to try wake him. I study both him and Michael, looking both at peace despite being covered in cuts, bruises and blood with ash surrounding them.

My legs take me towards where the casino would have been but now stands as a crater. I drop to the floor, staring down at the bottomless pit as my heart breaks in two.

What if I jumped? Would I wake up?

I'm just about to fall from the edge when I see the needle tower, completely untouched. On top of the tower stands a hooded figure.

I run full speed towards the tower, taking the elevator up. When the door opens, I step out towards the hooded figure.

"Who are you? Show yourself!" I demand, about to pull out my sword only to find that it's not there.

The person turns around and a very familiar haunting laugh taunts and mocks me. He reaches for his hood and pulls it down, his eyes staring me down as he stops laughing.

"You brought this on yourself Y/N. You and Quackity chose to make another country all for power. I mean, call me a hypocrite I don't care because at least L'manburg wasn't full of rich arseholes like you!" Wilbur spits out at me and I clench my fists.

"What have you done with him?" I ask, gritting my teeth.

"Who? Quackity? Oh, he's here." He laughs, reaching out to the side and pulling Quackity up from the floor.

He is coverd in blood and has a bruised eye and lip. He looks to be almost dead.

"What do you want?" I ask Wilbur who keeps his grip on my fiance.

"I. Want. For you to join me." He smirks and I shake my head.

"No. I'm not joining you ever again. Because you can never be trusted. Now let Quackity go before I kill you myself." I demand in a dark tone of voice.

"Suit yourself." Wilbur shrugs, throwing Quackity over the railing.

"Noooo!!!" I run to the balcony, watching in pain as my fiance falls to his death, calling my name. The look on his face being one that will haunt me forever as his body hits the rocky, broken ground.

I sit up in bed, barely being able to breathe.

"Y/N what happened?!" Quackity wakes up at my panicked state. He places a hand on my back, rubbing circles gently to calm me down.

"Please don't leave me." I say gripping onto him tightly, feeling that if I let go, he'll go too.

"Hey, as I said before. We're gonna be married soon Y/N. I'm not going anywhere." His voice sooths me and I melt into his touch, relaxing as my eyes close once again.

This time I drift into a deep, dreamless sleep.