Chapter 20

"Wilbur! Stop! Stop it okay?!" Tommy's voice echoes through Pogtopia, drawing mine and Quackity's attention.

We run towards where the voices came from, seeing Wilbur pressing some of the buttons on the walls for fun, laughing like a lunatic.

"Stop it!" Tommy tries to take down as many of the buttons as possible without pressing them.

"Who put these here?" Quackity asks, standing close to me, linking his pinky finger with mine.

"I don't know. It could have been Fundy, my traitor son." Wilbur jokes and as if on cue, Fundy walks through Pogtopia towards us.

"Well look who it is. Was it you Fundy? Did you do this?" I ask Fundy who completely ignores me but looks slightly guilty.

"I came to give you something that could help." He tells us and Wilbur stands on a ledge looking down on his son. "Let's hear what he has to say."

Fundy pulls out a small book which was labelled 'A Spy's Diary'. He begins reading the words on the pages and I only pay attention to the important stuff.

"Schlatt both smokes and drinks to try take away the pain of the state that his body is in." He tells us about the horrible condition that he is in.

"I fucking knew it!" Quackity laughs and I smile, shaking my head. "Then that's our chance. He's obviously in no fit state to fight. We can easily overpower him if we gain more allies." I offer a solution.

Behind us, I hear a pair of footsteps and we turn to face a hooded figure in red and black colours.

"BadBoyHalo! What are you doing here?" Wilbur questions. Tommy smirks, "If we all swear at him, he might go away."

A few of us, excluding me, begin throwing inappropriate words his way and he begins to back away but still stays in Pogtopia.

"Guys wait! Don't you see what's happening? Fundy is on our side. Bad is on our side. If we gain more allies, we'll be able to get L'manburg back." I state and everyone looks at me.

I'm about to start talking again but a different voice calls out to us from above Pogtopia.

"Dream!" Wilbur cheers, leaving Pogtopia. The rest of us follow him. Dream stands on the path, Tubbo finally joining us too.

"Dream is like a Techno character. He wants to be on the side with the most power. Isn't that right Dream?" Wilbur questions with a smirk.

"Not exactly." He replies. I grip my sword, making sure to be ready to attack if Dream did anything stupid. He sees this and smirks my way.

"Nice to see you too Y/N." He laughs and Quackity grabs my hand to calm me down, which it does.

Words are spoken back and forth until a solution to our problem is made.

"So it's settled then. On November 16th, there will be a war. Dream, you can fight us as much as you want and if our plan goes south, I'm blowing up L'manburg." Wilbur states and once again, a few of us protest against the idea.

"We have ten days until the war..." I think out loud, bewildered. When will we ever get a break?

"Oh and by the way... there is a traitor among you. You won't see it coming. The traitor is someone you least suspect." Dream says before walking away with a smug stance.

Everyone's eyes flicker to one person and then the other. Then Wilbur's eyes land on me.

"Really Wilbur? You seriously think I'd be the traitor after everything I have done to fight for us? For L'manburg?" I let out an exasperated laugh.

He shrugs, "Dream did say it's someone we least suspect." He turns away from me and I ball my fists up. "Well it's not me." Tommy says which causes everyone to start a small argument about who the traitor could be.

Just like before, I feel strange. My body begins to glitch again and I close my eyes, letting out a hiss.

What is going on with me?

"Y/N!" Quackity shouts and I open my eyes once again. When I do, my body is back to normal but everyone is staring at me.

"Are you okay Y/N?" Tubbo asks and I try to get a grip back on reality. I nod but stay quiet. Another pair of footsteps thankfully draws attention away from me.

George slowly walks past us, but is stopped when Quackity speaks up. "This is your fucking fault! If he wasn't asleep during the election, this wouldn't have happened!" He shouts at George who looks both shocked and slightly scared.

I place my hand in Quackity's in attempt to try and calm him down. Everyone throws insults towards George who looks extremely guilty.

"Enough!" I yell at the top of my voice. Everyone goes dead silent, looking at me in shock. Even George.

"It doesn't matter anymore! Don't pin the blame on George. It wasn't his fault. Leave him out of this." I say, stepping in front of George. I signal for him to leave, for him to get away from our fighting.

Deep down, I've always had a soft spot for George. He never really did anything wrong. He was always forced into wrongdoings by Dream.

"What the fuck Y/N?" Quackity yells at me and I roll my eyes. "Why would you let him go? This is his fault! Why would yo-"

I cut him off from his annoyed rambling by pressing a kiss to his lips. He soon shuts up and wraps an arm around my back and deepens the kiss.

Once we pull away, everyone looks at us awkwardly. I forgot they were here.

"Right, well... we have ten days before the war. That's ten days to prepare. Ten days to find allies. Who's with me?" I ask, raising my sword in the air. Most of the others do the same apart from Wilbur but I shrug it off.

"If it's a war they want, it's a war they'll get."