Chapter 50

Just as I promised myself yesterday, I have decided to go have a talk with my da- Sam.

I make my way across the green field towards the small building outside of the prison. The small nether portal glows beautifully as I step through. I wait for a few moments to pass before heading back through. This time, entering the prison.

"Y/N." Sam greets with a nod, pulling out a book and placing it on the table in front of him.

"Hey Sam." I give a weak smile, slowly walking towards the front desk.

"I'm assuming you're here to see Dream?" He questions, flicking a switch behind him, opening a door to the left.

"No actually. I'm here to see... you." I hesitate as he looks confused. He flicks the switch once again, closing the door.

"Oh. Are you okay?"

"Sam I..." I think for a moment, giving me time to process. I have to choose my next words wisely.

"Sam. I just came to say I'm sorry. I get why you had to send me away with Philza. And for that, I can't blame you for it. I was so blinded by rage due to the war before that I refused to see that you only did what was best for me. So for that, I'm truly sorry." I finish, standing I front of the desk awkwardly.

"I get it Y/N. I didn't even need you to forgive me for what I did. For years I felt so guilty so... thank you." He takes off the gold half mask from his face, giving me a weak smile.

I run over to him, wrapping him in a tight hug. He hesitantly wraps his arms around me in a comforting way.

Once we pull away from the hug, he looks down at me and I see a few patches of green, gray and white on his face. He points to my face and I pull out my sword, looking at my reflection in the shiny weapon.

I look the same.

"This always seems to happen when we're in close proximity doesn't it?" I laugh and he nods.

"So Y/N... how about we ho do something fun. It seems like you could use a break and I'm sure this prison can last a few hours without me." Sam offers me a smile which makes me smile back.

I nod my head and he goes behind his desk, pulling out two tridents with a few enchantments on them. He hands me one of them and we proceed to leave the prison.

"So what's this for?" I twirl the trident un my hand, watching as it reflects the sunlight.

"I'll show you once we get there." He continues to walk down the prime path. However, we stop at a medium sized tower. We climb up and at the top is a small pool of water.

"Okay, so do you see that second tower over there?" I nod in response, waiting for him to carry on.

"Aim your trident to the sky and try to land in the water. Here I'll go first." He explains, aiming to the sky.

He shoots up into the air doing a 360 spin before landing in the other water tower.

"Woah..."

"Come on Y/N! Try it!" Sam shouts across to me and I grip the trident in my hand, pulling it back.

How hard can this possibly be?

Without a second to think, I feel myself shooting off into the air and I call out in pure joy. However the pure joy turns into fear as I feel myself falling back down.

I decent back to the ground but I notice that I didn't travel far enough to reach the next water tower.

"Ahhhhh!!" I shout as I almost hit the ground but I feel a hand grip my arm, holding me up.

Sam looks down at me in slight amusement which causes me to roll my eyes.

"I think you're gonna need a bit of practice."

"Oh yeah? Well of course I am. Although that wasn't bad to say I've never done this before." I stick out my chest and hold my head high in a proud manor.

We aim for the next tower. Then the next. Then the next. Until I finally get to grips with how this works.

I send myself flying into the air once more. I fly high into the air before doing a front flip back down to the tower, safely landing in the water.

"I did it! I actually did it!" I laugh, dancing around in the water.

"Yes you did. Now why don't you go back to the first one and see if you can make every jump." Sam suggests and I rapidly nod my head like a little kid, excited to open birthday presents.

I run towards the first tower, climbing up. I raise the trident but before I let go, I notice Ranboo staring up at me.

"Hey Ranboo! How you doing?" I smile at him as he gives me a small wave.

"I'm doing okay. I see you're having fun." He gives me a shy smile, his tail slowly swaying from side to side.

"Yeah, Sam decided to teach me how to use one of these." I hold up the trident and he gives me a small nod.

We say our goodbyes as I ready myself to make the first jump.

I end up landing the first jump perfectly. The second one goes alright. So on and so on.

I see Sam waiting at the last tower, ready for me to make the last jump. I feel my feet leave the ground and I quickly look around at everything.

This is probably the most relaxed I have been in a while, despite this also having an exhilarating feeling at the same time.

I dive down into the oast tower, landing in the water with a splash.

"Omg I did it again!" I exclaim and Sam gives me a round of applause.

"Thank you so much dad!" I yell but then my face drops when I realise what I said.

Sam looks shocked for a moment but then smiles softly, embracing me in a warm hug.

"You're very welcome Y/N."