Book I - Chapter 7

Chapter 7 – Undeath

"Where in the bloody hell am I? What has happened?!"

I looked at my arm it was pale as snow, just like the snow last night, I felt drained, I could not find myself to get up, the sun... was not burning me at all like it was supposed to usually do but it was too bright for me, brighter than anything I have ever seen!

I called my dad for help as he rushed into the room.

He asked me what's going on or if I'm okay. I told him that I don't feel well.

He told me if I stuck something sharp and pointy to my neck again which I never do except I slash my wrist from time to time since I told you before that I feed on my own self in order to connect back to my humanity.

I told him no. He told me that I was extremely pale. I couldn't get up. I did my best but ended up falling down to the ground.

He ran outside to call the workers to get me to the hospital as quickly as they could.

I passed out... woke up back at the same goddamned hospital room as I was before a year ago during November since the first phase of my awakening. The last was I remember of feeding off Shanny's blood, that damned tranny bitch.

Then I realized everything was just a dream. What the hell happened?!

As well as I remembered. Vayne gives me sweet dreams... every night. And even nightmares to those who get too close to me.

They did a check on my blood test and came back with results that I am extremely losing too much blood and they quickly gave me a blood bag to stick into the back of my hand's vein. I told my father to go back home as the dogs would be lonely. I will be fine here. He agreed and left me here. As everyone was gone... I grabbed the blood bag and took a bite from it and drained it dry as I took off the needle. I disposed of it under the mattress but not under the bed itself but I was still so weak. After half of the day the nurse gave me something to eat. I ate. And finally, I got to eat something humane. I enjoyed every bite of it even if it's just hospital food which I dislike the most.

I asked them to give me a cup of black coffee if they can. They did as they told and I chugged the coffee but however, they saw there was no blood bag above my bed where it was supposed to be hung. I asked "What blood bag?". She told me that I have a low blood count. So, I suggested she get me a blood bag. She did so and everyone was confused but they didn't mind it anyway. I used Deliration. Such as memory wipe.

They easily ignored it then they left. I was alone in the room. I watched the news all day. If only they had Netflix here.

I have my phone but they don't have a free internet wi-fi connection so that makes it like cow shit from its arse.

I spent the whole day inside the hospital alone. The night came and my doctor grounded in.

"How are you feeling today?"

"... I need more blood bags."

"Mister James, you have anemia."

"Indeed, so I do, what was the cause?"

"You have many scars yet there are no fresh wounds but what interests me is that what is fresh is what is on your neck."

"Oh, this? Allergies."

"Allergic to what?"

"Sunlight..."

He laughed, "No wonder why the nurses told me why you always had a dark room."

"Indeed so. My skin gets blistered once exposed for several minutes after scratching it too much."

"I'd say you have a lot of some sort of puncture wounds there on your neck, too many. Why is it only your neck?"

"I have a window beside my bed. However, I was sleeping under my blanket like a log, the morning dawn's morning star does not reach my face, however."

"Ah, I see. No wonder. But there is no known cause of your blood loss... you have to stay here a little longer, this is nothing we've seen in history."

"You mean to make me your lab rat and gain wealth from my own family's money. Do you, doctor, have any idea what we are suffering from? There are super tropical typhoons every month and this summer we're preparing to renovate the house, everything we have is budgeted but we managed to work hard just to get enough money to renovate the house because it was destroyed by those damned typhoons in this tropical shit of a country! And you want me to stay a little longer? You are such a deceitful doctor ha-ha! I'd say you're quite like the moon, an illusion of deception, two-sided faces like a coin. The beautiful beam of the moon, the other is its darker side, nothing but blackness! I am not working on your project just so you can steal our money. We worked hard on that money to renovate the house and it's not even enough yet, my mother is dying from many diseases and she still works hard in order to get me my psychiatric medications. Now if you be too kind towards me. Fuck off, call my father and discharge me off this rat sewer!"

"You do not understand, you have a disease, a healthy person became anemic for no reason, drained of blood overnight for no cause and reason! Please stay, we can help you."

"Tell me, doctor, what is your deepest, darkest, most forbidden carnal desire?" I looked deeply into his eyes as he gazed at me as the nurses were terrified to watch.

"I... want to steal money from people by making them buy my medicines that barely even work... fool them even."

"That was caught on tape. You're going to jail."

Suddenly he snapped out of it.

"Nurses! If you please, call the guards and take this guy to the ground!"

And they did as they told because they were terrified of me.

That same night I went home but it was still drained.

My father was mad at him and beat him up in prison. He couldn't control his rage so he got into prison with him. I asked my big brother to give me money to bail him out of prison. And so, I did it one day later.

He thanked me for that, my father, then he thought I could do what he could possibly imagine of me. He was proud and my mother stopped thinking about vaccinating me before going outside. They let me outside of my own home wherever and whenever I wish to go! Then, I went to the same bar where I met Vayne in the dream. And there she was... waiting for me, smiling at me, her grin showed her fangs. Her teeth were white, purely white, the last unprinted snow. My death... my love... my eternal bride.