Book I - Chapter 11

Part IV: Exmortis Aftermath

Chapter 11 - Awakening

I woke up at night time, dad is sleeping. I went outside. My humanity kept being low each die roll to know my hunger is average high. 2 for humanity and 4 for hunger. I used the green die to roll what recommended main power I must use for the night, 4, Temperance, my human compassion needs me, even if I'm a damned bloodthirsty pureblood demon I will always remember that I still am human on the inside and have an angel's soul. And must balance between the good and the evil within me. I walked around looking too pale, some people looked at me, they thought I was a foreigner thanks to the complexion of my skin. I spent the time passing through alleyways without CCTVs and or highway roads that are empty to look for potential victims. I found one, pounced on him and drained him dry, and left him to die after I threw him off the lake on the highway. I ran as fast as I can and ended up in San Fernando City within a glimpse of Downtown. Can I still enjoy smoking? That's the problem. I used the victim I killed that I fed blood from his wallet and used his blood to memorize his memories and to know his pin code in his debit card. I went to the ATM and grabbed as much money as I could and emptied it, especially his wallet. I used the money to buy cigarettes far off Downton to San Nicholas of San Fernando. I was shaking, I put the cigarette's red filter between my lips and flicked my lighter open. I took a huge inhale and exhale. Good thing I can still smoke, but it doesn't feel anything anymore. It has no dopamine effects inside my brain. It has no relaxing effects nor stimulation. The only thing that stimulates me is blood. Human blood is fresh and young. Like old vintage red wine. I took a walk around with a packet of red branded cigarettes inside my pocket and walked around town. Some girls tried to hit on me. I used my charisma on them. My charisma over them is 5 as their willpower is 1. I took them into the hotel and had a threesome with them as I drained them dry dead as well. I left the hotel and went to the outside world of Downtown. I was at the intersection from the mainland of San Fernando City to Downtown and other villages that are connected. The more lives I take the more blood I drink, the further the immortality, and the more money I take from. I go around town and checked the time at the church tower. It looked like Big Ben. It's almost 8 o'clock at night time. I still have time to go to San Fernando city to buy some new clothes and aesthetics. I went to the highway walking and then started sprinting and ended up at the SM Mall in a glimpse. I went to Department Store to buy what I can wear. Here I found a trench coat and bought it, it even has a hood. And some new pants, new running shoes for parkouring, and a red plain shirt. The trench coat was made out of leather too which had fur on its hood. I walked outside and smoked at the parking lot. There was a homeless stray kid asking me for money. I gave her 1,000 pesos and she was so happy as I smiled. Here I must balance between good and evil within me. I went to visit Chamchi. She isn't here. There was news she was dead. I went to the funeral. I don't know if I have to feel apathetic about this or have to feel guilty because of this. I both felt mixtures of feelings of those two emotions. I left after going inside for a while staring into her corpse. I asked her mother where she is going to be her grave. She asked why. I told her I'm her boyfriend and want to visit her from time to time. She told me every detail of where she will end up in. After 3 days later at nightfall. I killed every human that guards the cemetery park. And then I dig up her grave as I can slowly hear her screaming for help hearing those scratching on her coffin lid each time I dig up the grave soil to soil lower and lower using the shovel and then used the crowbar to open it. I smashed the window of her coffin without hurting her but she bled from a short shard glass as I pulled it out. I asked Charmchi if she was okay. She said she is now. And she hugged me. She had terrible nightmares too. She is wondering what is happening and I told her that I Bred her as a fledgling vampire. Since we first dated and had sex in her apartment. I gave her immortality after she passed out. She told me she understands. But she also asked me how is she going to go back to her old life. I told her she can stay in my room instead. I took her under my wing and taught her everything since she's a fledgling and hasn't bitten any human blood yet to feast on. She must remain like this but it's going to be hard for her, it would be even harder if she turned into a pureblood thanks to biting a human and feeds off blood for the first time which will access to her full awakening. So I told her to stay away from biting humans. She asked me if she's a vampire how is she going to get blood without biting a human? I told her she can get free cattle blood from the local butchers but to make sure it's fresh and noncontaminated. She said okay. So I took her to my home that early morning before the sun rises as I can see the sky is turning quite green. We held hands as we went to her new home which is mine as well. Not to mention that the renovation of the house is over with 2 floors already, she can stay in my room. Dad was asleep, so I went upstairs with her and told her that she's a daywalker vampire. A vampire that is not entirely awakened even if it is processing or not. All she has to do in order to gain her humanity away from bestial blood rage is to get cattle or pork blood. At least ask my father to cook her Dinuguan if he ever knows how to cook that. In fact, my mom does, and at that sunrise, dad woke up early. He asked me who is this woman. I told him this is a woman I turned into a vampire and I have to take care of her, she died recently and just woke up during death, reincarnation. He understood well and asked me if I need anything. He can go to the blood banks to buy me human blood. I said sure, get some stock in case if I can't find any. He took that statement dreadfully. I told him she's staying here and I will provide for her needs. He said it's fine. I went to sleep and told her to do things for me as her new master. Since she can walk in the daylight for a temporary amount of time and can use sunglasses without flinching from the sun, which I gave her my sunglasses, event told her not to break it or lose it, make sure she uses the excuse such as "I need it to cook Dinuguan" stuff like that and to change her name to "Seras Victoria". It sounds like a Filipino name more than British actually but it's both in some ways. So she did as told, this is for herself anyways. She asked me if I needed anything. I told her to work hard for money to buy me a printer. I need it for my books in case someone wants a legit printed copy and of course a bookbinder. She said if she's an undead person without an official ID and certificates how can she work that much money? I sighed, could have figured, I gave her all of my money and told her to buy me some sense they're closed at night. She went outside as I slept in my bed where glasses are tinted enough so sunlight can't go through here. No need for curtains, curtains are expensive...