Volume 2: Book I - Chapter 1

Stella Dei I: Ascension of The Vampyr

Part I: God's Sun

Chapter 1

Waking up to another new reality it seems, I am not a madman of this insanity anymore, for I have gotten the hang of it anyway. It's the 3rd March of 2021, I better get going. I sat up as the sunshine blurs out my vision and I wore the sunglasses that cousin Cristian gave to me not too long ago, but not quite too recent. I took the sunglasses and wore them to my eyes as my visions have become clear again. I walked outside of the bedroom and headed outside to the garage without a single roof over my head unless I head inside the bedroom, that is the only thing that has a roof here and the bathroom's roof has been shattered due to renovation by the workers. The bathroom has a metal plank above it that covers half of the skies and half part of the bathroom can be walked in easily or peeked on whilst someone would take a bath or dump down into the toilet. And our neighbor happens to have a front door just behind the open view of the bathroom. If someone intrudes, they have a death wish. I was disturbed by this bathroom at first but I let it be since the house is going to be a lot better than anything I could comprehend anyway. Not only do humans interest me with their wits about building architecture as peasants do peasant jobs such as construction, but it also strikes me as odd how they can do this so well. Saying how basic it is but it takes a lot of patience and strength in order to do these types of jobs which is not my genre of taste to do such work. But I did help once, quite boring for an overpowered brainiac monster like me would partake in a human peasant job has gotten me into a hustle and a bit of exhaustion and boredom. It does not interest me. But I wish to do what they can do. Well, we all have flaws. Even for a perfect immortal one such as myself. I was eating calmly, and slowly by breakfast, reminiscing my thoughts from last night's dreams. I think I was sleep-writing again. My dad tells me so. He said I was up all-night clacking on the keyboard. He could not bear to sleep! I laughed at his jest even though he was entirely serious about it. But it's no problem for him, as long as I take my pills before I go to bed, especially the sleeping ones. The more sedated I am the more powerful the sleepwalk. I remember those dreams were just written in a book after all. I thought they actually happened during a dream walk. As for my dayside family and friends and relatives, I love them the most more than the nightside ones. Because they remind me of when I was still human as a child which I no longer remember. Father told me that there was an announcement about the COVID-19 Vaccine and I ignored it, asking if there's still a stock of cigarettes and coffee.

He was surprised by that new reaction, whilst for myself, I'm not even surprised by what he said.

"Don't you want to get vaccinated Klei?" he asked

"I do wish it actually, but it's getting old. Even though it just happened in one night."

"Don't tell me you wrote all night about what you would do if you got vaccinated."

"Are you a vampire too? How can you read my mind?"

"You are too focused on your book to the point you don't seem to know reality anymore."

"Since when did I know which is real and isn't? If you please, father, let me finish my bountiful feast."

"Alright but make it quick so you can finally get out of house arrest." he smiled

"My oh my Father, you are quite the saint for an atheist." I finished the entire plate and slowly put down the spoon and fork crossed together; I usually do this with each meal.

"You ready?"

"I have to get coffee and cigarettes first."

"We have no time for that Klei! I can just buy you coffee outside. Housebrew if you want."