Book II - Chapter 5

Chapter 5 – Preys are Left for Dead and Predators are Back for Blood

3rd March of 2021, it was just a dream last night... how did the exact date repeat itself? It's not Sunday though, I hear the workers enter the gate of our house and the dogs are barking at them. My dad is talking with cousin Cristian. I walked outside thanks to the sunlight across the window that woke me up. I put on my sunglasses; I ate the breakfast ready on the table in the garage of the house inside the gates. I ate as much as I could, brewed my own coffee, double espresso, and drank it with a cigarette chugging it down my system. I finished my cigarette and the workers, Allan, greeted me. Jansen, the 26-year-old kid, greeted me with a good morning as a joke because I usually greet them a good morning to keep their work lively thanks to my spirit encouraging them. I'm the center of the work they have except that I don't work, I just give them encouragement by entertaining them with laughter. Comes with dark twisted jokes about vampirism which makes them laugh even harder. I will help them work harder and they hope to see me again here every next day until the first floor is finished. The crew started discussing once Cristian started talking about the work and how they would do it today. My father recommended some other suggestions as well. And I kept myself quiet since I don't do peasant jobs.

Dante isn't here though, but the main architect of the work Lupin who just glanced at the house and sketched the entire house from inside and out with pure amazing design. It was beautiful. He did it in under 5 minutes with all those math equations. He was rumored to be depressed and have anxiety which is why I wondered how he obtained that artistic gift of sketching and drawing. He's always quiet and he only replies but never talks first. He's usually nervous when it comes to talking during break time, he just keeps his head down with chain-smoking cigarettes and just chugs an entire bottle of beer then stops after one drink but Allan usually tells him to keep drinking so he can just relax from his anxiety for once. I mean, Alcohol IS a depressant. It helps you relax from stress but overdoing it drives you to madness.

That's one of the reasons why I used to be an alcoholic, hence my father always warned me not to drink each time I explained to him what I would do outside and what I could do. He agrees with everything, even my vampire jokes I take seriously. It's the Fool Trump Card, it's a Deliration power of a Lunace vampire that tells the truth but no one believes it, it's reverse psychology so they will not take suspicion even if they take you as the suspect, they will take you as innocent for the crimes you have done yourself. That is my main stand, The Fool. Za Fool!

Here I am sitting with my father talking with each other about vampires and he told me about Tom Cruise.

"Oh, you mean Lestat from Interview with a Vampire movie?"

It was easy to spot the actors even when it comes to Vampire movies, they look extremely different with lots of make-up and aesthetics and all, even acting their voices changing the tone and the exact voice itself to another character.

I gave him the picture of Lestat using my phone on Google Images and he said yes. I told him I know everything about vampire fiction even the actual occult of it.

He told me since I woke up that I have to go now after I finish my cigarette. And I asked him why? I told him if we ever go outside, I take the coffee outside now from the house since the coffee here tastes like the arse of a matador's bull and the coffee from Housebrew tastes better and gives the amount of caffeine content I needed to work on a manuscript creatively for an entire day and night. He told me it's a surprise. I got all excited, IS IT THE VACCINE?! And he said yes. I told him I'm a vampire I can read minds and he laughed. He also mentioned that he'll still give me Housebrew even though I already had coffee. He just has a memory gap but since it's his fault he will treat me Housebrew Coffee outside once I get vaccinated, however, the reason for this is because I can't take more than one coffee a day since I have a stomach ulcer thanks to the Prozac antidepressant that sent me to the hospital once.