Book II - Chapter 1

Divina Tenebris II: Lux

PART I: Acts of Klei

Chapter 1 - Pseudoreality

Another day of waking up, another nightmare... must be the 9 of swords...

What day is it? March 21st of 2021, I must have fallen asleep... what time is it? 2:05 PM, it's so cold... I can hear the buzzing vibrating sound of the air conditioner. Quite old I might say. I stood up and looked around, my father isn't around. I went outside. He is nowhere to be seen either. But my mother is here though.

"Mom? What happened? Why are you here?"

"What are you talking about?"

The house looks as if it's entirely renovated already. How is this possible? So fast!

"Where is dad?"

"What are you talking about?" she asks the same question.

"Where... is dad?"

"He's passed away a long time ago remember? I remember, the first day I arrived here in March around in 15th of it, in 2020 last year. That was the day I reached Pampanga from Japan to Manila. There was a lockdown starting at 12 in the morning... "

"Did he die from COVID?"

"Did you take your pills? You look traumatized..."

"I... I think I must have been dreaming. It felt so real..."

"Doctor said it's the side effects of the pills."

"Yeah, I think I suggest I should stop the pills that are making me feel this way. Having such vivid nightmares. Realistic ones... the pandemic..."

"Pandemic? Yeah, there was an epidemic but it went over fast. It was eradicated easily by a vaccine from China."

"Really?"

"Yeah, there's no pandemic anymore my Klei..." she held me

"Am I dreaming?"

"This is reality Klei, you don't need to drink those pills anymore if you don't want to."

"What kind of pills were they?"

"Melatonin, you said you didn't want to take Klonopin or Xanax anymore." she smiled

"I just... I feel like I don't want to sleep any more thanks to those nightmares I had these past 2 months... I've written them down."

"Can I read them?"

"Sure."

I grabbed my laptop and showed it to her.

"This is my dream journal, Luciferius Luna books, Stella Dei books, and lastly Divina Tenebris books. They are Sagas that come with different seasons or volumes."

"I'll read them next time they're too long. But you have a well-hidden talent Klei."

"How did dad die?"

"Car accident. You were in a coma that time then the next thing happened you couldn't sleep. Doc tried sleeping pills but they give you bad hangovers, so he gave you melatonin. But what happened next is that you had very weird dreams."

"They looked so real mom... I was so scared."

"It's scarier if your father was gone, good thing he's in your dreams. It means he might be your new guardian angel." she grinned at me.

"Today is a special day."

"Why?"

"I'm taking you to doc."