Book II - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 – Fools Attracted to Anomaly

That morning the next day...

"I need to feed..."

I went to eat food, drink coffee, smoke, then brush my teeth then headed outside as I told father I am going home early in the morning.

I went outside. I have no money today so I went to babysit Oniv for the entire day.

Easy money, psychotic children are my children, I know how to take care of them. That night I went on a stroll to the underground bar of the Kebab restaurant of Guagua before the bridge to Plaza of the town. I was drinking cranberry juice there. Everyone taught me I was drinking red wine. A group of young adults asked me if they could join my seat since they don't have other tables.

"Why of course, I invite you in here. But that will be you people inviting me into your abode."

They asked me what red wine tastes like even if they're hardcore on alcohol but they don't seem to look the type of alcoholics, maybe they are almost like bartenders. They know how to mix gin with anything.

"I do not drink... wine."

"Then what is that you're drinking? Juice? What person drinks juice alone inside a bar?"

"This is blood."

They were shocked in silence at that moment.

"JUST KIDDING~! HAHAHA! Forgive me if I haven't introduced myself properly yet, I am Prince Alucard. It's my title I have around town here."

"Prince Alucard? Wait I know an Alucard, you must love Hellsing anime very much."

"I just inverted the name Dracula, here let me write them down."

"ALUCARD = DRACULA"

"Holy shit you're right."

"I'm a psychic, not a vampire. I can read your mind saying that you love Watamote."

"WHAT THE?!"

"Huh?"

"How did you know that's crazy!"

"This dude is really a psychic?"

"Read my mind. What is my mind telling me?"

"That you are a disappointment to your family."

They laughed at him.

"Just kidding, I can read that you're a successful seaman. It reminds me of that time when I funded something... Some time ago, in something fictitious, I was somewhat the main character of that story. I funded a science and occult foundation that studies vampires and werewolves, or maybe even Leprechauns. I learned that if you kill a leprechaun, you will have the worst bad luck for the rest of your life."

"What are you talking about?"

"This guy is weird."

"Yeah, but how did he know I'm a seaman?"

"Bro, if you weren't so weird, you'd be perfect! You're a cool psychic! A real kickass!"

"Indeed I am. What I mentioned earlier when I said the word 'fictitious' means it's a literary FICTION. I just happen to be an author of gothic horror novels."

"This guy is at an extremely highly new level."

"What's really your real name Mr. Umm... Alucard?"

"Only my father can call me my real name. No one else."

"What happened to your father?"

"Well, he's still alive, he's not dead yet."

"What do you mean he's not dead 'yet'?"

"Basically, I'm immortal and if he dies of aging I don't, I get to live the guilt over his death for the rest of eternity."

"He's not just a writer, I think he's an actor."

"I'm only bad at acting when I actually try to pretend. Isn't that a weird contradiction?"

"I don't get what this guy is saying."

"Yeah, but he's so cool!"

"How old are you?"

I chugged down my drink and told them, "I am 22 this July."

"YOU LOOK 13!"

"Because I'm immortal I don't age."

"I think this guy is in a phase."

"Ah yes, 8th-grade syndrome, AKA Chuunibyou. When an adolescent hits puberty they take media and fiction too seriously into the real world. I am like that but only by my own literate works of writing. I take my characters as myself into the real world."

"Yeah, but you got to be yourself for once man chillax!"

"You know you're not the first one who said that. The first time I heard that was from myself."

"This guy is deep."

The night went on.

The bar is empty now. And the staff of the restaurant is gone too but the place is still open but they don't know it's closed for them now...

"Why does it feel like this Alucard kid is trying to control our minds?"

"Oh, you just noticed?"

"Yeah, you also keep drinking your red juice there and it never runs out. You chug it most of the time."

"Oh, this? This is blood. Your blood, all of you."

"What..."

"Guys what is this feeling... I feel drained."

"Me too."

I answered their mortal questions, "Perhaps it's the alcohol."

"I barely even drank."

"And I drank a lot."

"Yeah, you said you don't drink."

"Wine."

...

...

...

I walked outside of the closing restaurant for the night and went back home. Don't worry about the corpses, they'll reanimate soon. HEH!