Volume 4: Book I - Chapter 1

Contele Vladislav SAGA 4th Edition

Contele Vladislav: Prince of Darkness

Klei Nightwriter

Part I: Grandson of the Dragon/Devil

Chapter 1 – Strigoi Vii and Vladislav

We Draculs have the right to be proud, as it is said by my father. It has been centuries since I have not come back to Hunedoara, Romania in the manor above the skies called Corvin Castle. I have been reincarnated many times in my life, the soul of mine remains as a vampire that infects my physical body each time I am born turns into the embraced fledgling, and soon for it to awaken at each development of the ages between 19-23 years old. Yet, each time I am reincarnated I seem to look like an angel fell down from heaven yet never cast from grace. I've always been a good child and never remembered my past lives. My past lives are always ending up as a vampire, meeting a beautiful blonde woman, getting married as I turn her, and losing her each lifetime I spend. Each lifetime is an eternity for me, which for eternity, takes beyond death. That blonde woman, the one I've always adored each eternal lifetime I spend... we end up separating but our love has always been true. Our souls, with different bodies, in each lifetime we meet, she's always born as a fairy whilst I am a fallen angel, a vampire. In each lifetime we spend together, she's always born as a good innocent beautiful girl, we meet at early ages between 10-13 years old and in some years it's both of our faults because we end up breaking apart and meet again in the next life. It is rather a fate but a terrible and yet cruel destined tragedy. I remember all of my past lives, and each life I always thought I can never die no matter what each time I awaken from my soul that turns me into a pureblooded vampire hence waking up all of my powers in an instant. Once I am awakened, I become self-conscious of my previous lifetimes and remember every detail quite well. The blonde woman and I are meant to be, but there are always tragic moments that are too dark for me to explain... if I did, I would get a broken heart, because what matters is our daughter we have in each lifetime. She is the one that keeps us from breaking apart but if something happens to her, we break apart and try to kill each other as gruesomely as possible. I ended up the one surviving, and her on the other hand dead, and I will live eternally with mourn and depression along with grief and sorrow. I remember my first life when I was born... I was Vlad III Tepes's favorite son, his countess Elizabeth Bathory gave birth to me. I might say, I am just a mere illegitimate child. I was abandoned, to live, to suffer, to work as a peasant in construction jobs which I only work at night and have to pretend as humanely as possible for them not to cause another inquisition. I never aged, every lifetime I spent all these eternities, I looked as young as an adolescent boy with his voice going through puberty in my entire life. And as feminine looking as I am which I am not proud of in all honesty. I wanted to become one of the aristocrats, I envied them. Working in a peasant job eating nothing but bread and I never get to become physically old enough to drink a shot of rum even as I get in trouble each time, I sneak into mansions just to steal food that actually tastes good. Each time I work at a manor which pays quite well actually, to be honest, I envy the aristocrats always eating cake, and I've always wondered what it tastes like. I wanted it so bad and when I got a bite, just a small icing on my lip, they took me to jail and I often escaped to go to another city. Since I've become the most wanted little boy that causes mischief just because I am lesser than a peasant that never asks for money instead, I wanted to earn it no matter how hard the job is. They say I am quite smart, too smart enough to become an aristocrat, a good man told me that himself. So, he adopted me when I used to work for him. Because usually, every break time I ask for a quill and a sheet of paper. He always notices that I always work harder on writing more than just the peasant construction jobs. He reads my works every after-break time, I never eat, I never sleep, nor do I take care of my hygiene just so I can be extremely focused on my manuscripts. And once he read them... he was fascinated quite much to the point he told me that I am not a peasant unlike everyone calls me so just because I don't have the money. What makes someone a rich person is not money itself but intelligence. And especially, he advises this.