Book I - Chapter 11

Chapter 11 - Pseudo reality

I got vaccinated at last. And I was given a message from an unknown number, who told me to meet up with that person at the bar. The only two bars I know here are across the back entrance of SaveMore in Guagua Plaza or before you reach the Plaza before Guagua Bridge underground of the Kebab Restaurant that goes by the title of "Matchbox". I asked him or her who it was and how it got my number. He or she told me "You'll see, it's a surprise.".

I first went to the Matchbox underground bar club. It's not a stripper or anything lewd for a club, neither it's a dance club or any club. It's just a bar with Kebab foods. There are two strands of bars there, the main underground and the garden which is quite the smaller one. I went there and it was closed.

"It's closed. Where are you? What do you want? Are you Gokudo?!" I texted

"My Prince, you're a vampire, there are other ways to sneak in easily."

I sighed and I already knew how to get there but it's trespassing since it's closed. The clerk there says it's still closed and they're just about to open in an hour. They're not ready yet. It would be illegal to climb through walls and rooftops, especially in the brought daylight which I usually do at night before back at a young age since I am a vampire with that skill to jump over things.

I sighed again and did the most legal way possible and the most humane way. I walked to the other side of town in GNC, Guagua National Colleges. I did not go inside rather but a shortcut street to get to the river and hired a boat to get there. It's good thing father gave me money for my first day out. But he disclaimed to me that I will never get from him again. But this was important to me. It might be Gokudo, either ally or foe. Since things like this happen to me back to Japan most of the time. If you pussy out they'll go kill you, but if they're allies, you'll be disobeying Yen-san and you get to cut off your pinky.

Then there was a lonely woman in the garden. Shit, this has to be Vayne. I'm dreaming again. But Vayne does not have red curly hair. It looked unnaturally dyed. I exited the boat and paid 20 pesos. I went into the garden of the underground bar of Matchbox. I sat in front of her.

"Do my eyes deceive me?" I asked, "It's you. But how? And... -"

"My love, you turned me into a vampire-like you. However, I am having a hard time going through the sunlight that is why I am under these trees. I came here to visit but I have other things to do at school back in Portugal. I wanted to see you in person for once."

"I love you... Echo."

"My prince... I love you too!"

We kissed each other and to that, I passed out. Not knowing what happened.

I woke up late in the afternoon, it was sundown. I took off my shades and from what I know about where I am right now... I must be at Santo Nino, the maze of the public market. I was asleep on a bench. What did she do to me? I walked around sloppily and weakly. Here I thought I needed to feed. I adjusted my vision after sitting back down on the bench at first. Then I cleared my head. I stood back up and felt normal again. I was sleeping there the whole time? Did she drain me that much? I look rather pale. Too pale as if it is snow! Death... the last unprinted snow... undead... vampyr!

I walked outside of the street and it was nighttime then. Usually, I am immune to fainting into vampire bites. But this one, she's too strong. Just like I am. I asked trustworthy open-minded people around the village if there is still a curfew. They said not anymore. I asked them if they were sure and where they heard it from. The man quoted that it looks like I've been outside here for too long to know that already by now. I was confused and told him I passed out. He asked me if I needed to go to the hospital with a worried face. I told him I was okay. Just psychological problems. He told me if I have that problem, I should be at home at all times to keep myself safe. I told him that was rather since yesterday and the rest of my 4 years under house arrest. I also mentioned that I am better now. He intervened in my words, saying if I am okay, how did I pass out? Then I told him a truth with a twist of a lie saying that I have a weak spine, the cold is where I am strong it must have been the heat. He said he knows a lot of children with that disability and told me I should be careful and he said again, yes there is no curfew. He was positive. I asked his name. His name was Jerald. For nighttime like this he was wearing shades. Not one of those vintage-looking sunglasses like I wear, rather cool-looking modern shades. I asked him if he was a vampire because he is wearing shades at night time. He chuckled at my jest. Although I took this both as a joke and a serious matter. He said yes then showed me baring his long fangs. I told him I was glad to see a person of my own kind. He laughed then asked me if I was one. I told him I was embraced and turned 11 years ago. He asked me about my age. I answered truthfully, 21, almost 22 by July this year of 2021. He wasn't so shocked since Vampires do not age. Unlike the rest of the other clerks in convenience stores asking for my ID just to buy a pack of cigarettes each goddamned time no matter how many times they see my familiar face. I also quoted that to him. He laughed. I asked him if I needed blood, at my bedside, I just sleepwalked and fed, and by the next morning, I didn't remember it. But I had witnessed. I had to turn them into one like me in order to keep their mouths shut. It's breaking the Veil's Mask really. He laughed out loud.