'Tight Knit Family'

I was woken up from my nap by the sound of a door being blasted open. I rolled off of my bed and onto the floor before rolling over to the door and looking under the door, not really feeling the need to be concerned yet... there were two wolves with bright blue eyes standing outside, killing my mother... I'll label that a reason to be concerned.

     I quickly hopped up from the floor and raced over to my backpack, shoving in everything from our last camping trip in. There was a second crash as my door came off its hinges, I threw open my window, climbing onto the edge, terrified of the fall, before reaching out to grab onto a tree branch and climb down from there, running as soon as I reached the floor.

     Have you ever woken up with a face full of concrete and old snow? Glorious, right? Yeah, that whole thing happened a little less than two years ago, I've had that same nightmare almost every single night since that day. I rolled over in my sleeping bag before being greeted by a tiny homeless man.

     Most people would probably be terrified by that but when you yourself are a not-so-tiny, homeless not-man you get used to it. At any rate, I knew this guy, around the streets of Boston he's called Blitz, one of the two guys who's been taking care of me and my older twin brother, Magnus.

     I sat up as Blitz went over to said brother and kicked him in the side to get him up, I love this family.

     " They're after you."

     Magnus blinked a few times, clearly not concerned." Who's after me... us! I mean us, I'm sorry Willow!"

     " Not sure," Blitz responded." They're handing out flyers with your names and pictures."

     Magnus cursed, and I understood why, if they had our names, and more importantly pictures, they're after us and us specifically. He began packing up his sleeping bag, which I'd already done, while I spoke to Blitz.

     " Where were these people handing out flyers?"

     " Beacon Street, they're coming this way, middle-aged white guy and a teenage girl, probably his daughter."

     Magnus and I exchanged a confused look." That makes no sense, who-?"

     " I don't know kid, but I gotta go," Blitz said, looking at the sunrise with hatred." You should go see Hearth, he's hanging out in Copley Square."

     " That sounds like a video game objective, Blitz I'm sure we'll be fine."

     " I dunno kid," Blitz said nervously, throwing glances in every direction as though on the lookout for someone dangerous." Not today, you two gotta be extra careful."

     " Why?"

     He threw yet another glance over his shoulder before ominously saying," They're coming."

     After looking in that direction and not seeing anyone I turned back to Blitz, who, of course, had vanished into thin air like he normally did. Magnus and I exchanged another look before automatically heading to Beacon Street, against what Blitz had said, interested in why some random guy and his daughter were looking for us.

     The two of us took the lower trail which almost no one else ever took, allowing us to see who these people were without being seen ourselves. The man and girl were approaching, the man looking as though he didn't realize he was in Boston, in the winter, the girl looked the opposite, prepared for the cold and also looking oddly familiar but oddly terrifying.

     " Unbelievable," the girl said as they got closer." I want to strangle him."

     Magnus ducked down a bit more at these words.

     The man sighed." We should probably avoid killing him, he is your uncle."

     " But two years!? Dad how could he not tell us for two years!?"

     " I can't explain Randolph's actions," her dad said." I never could Annabeth."

     Magnus took a sharp intake of breath, giving me a valid reason to punch him in the arm so that he wouldn't give away our hiding spot... although I've got to say I was surprised as well, I zoned out a bit at the next few bits the man who could only be my Uncle Fredrick said, thinking back to the last time I'd seen either of them, which was going on ten years ago.

     "- to find Magnus and Willow, Randolph is at the city shelter in the south end. He says no luck. We should try the youth shelter across the park."

     " How do we even know they're alive?" Annabeth asked." Missing for two years!? Either or both of them could be frozen in a ditch somewhere!"

     I glared at my brother almost as though saying Don't do it, I know what you're thinking and you'd better not do it.

     " Randolph is sure your cousins are alive, they're somewhere in Boston, if their lives truly are in danger..."

     They began to wander off in the other direction, eventually getting far enough away so that we couldn't hear what they were saying. I placed my hand on my brother's shoulder, sensing that he was a bit shaken up about all that, and nodded reassuringly to him. In an attempt to boost his spirit I said the only thing any good sister would say to encourage their brother.

     " How do you feel about breaking into Uncle Randolph's house?"

A/N: Hello! Welcome to I-should-probably-be-working-on-writing-one-of-my-longer-ongoing-stories-but-instead-I'm-writing-this, that's not the title but it probably should be, this is now story *counts with fingers* seven I've started writing during break, along with the two finished projects that I went through and edited. In case you didn't already know ( which is highly likely) This is a T.J. ( Thomas Jefferson Jr.) x. OC story... the OC being Willow. At any rate I'm rambling, I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed the first chapter in this story, any to all comments any of you write about anything make my day, have a good rest of your day, and remember... the world is yer erster.