And my family is not just weird, it's full of idiots

Magnus and I both practically jumped out of our skins before turning to face our Uncle.

     " Randolph," We both greeted him simultaneously, which was normally usual for twins, but uncommon for the two of us for some reason.

     " What a pleasant surprise, I'm glad you're here, we don't have much time." I doubted this was pleasant or a surprise based on the tone he spoke with.

     " M-much time?" Magnus stuttered, going from calm to afraid within the span of five seconds as usual." Before what?"

     " You're sixteen today, aren't you? They'll be coming to kill you."

     I raised an eyebrow and glanced over at my brother to see how he was dealing with the new information.

     " Who- you know what? Never mind, nice seeing you Randolph, we'll be going now."

     I nodded in agreement before the two of us headed towards the door, which was still being blocked by our uncle.

     " Magnus we need to talk, I don't want them to get to you and your sister, not after what happened to your mother."

     " You know I'm here too, right?" I asked, looking directly at Randolph as he stared at my brother.

     Magnus stayed silent for a while before tightening his fists in anger." You don't know what happened to my mom. You never cared about any of us."

     " I pleaded with your mother," Randolph replied, leaning on his cane and staring at the ground sadly." I wanted her to bring you here, to live where I could protect you... she refused. After she died... Magnus, you have no idea how long I've looked for you, or how much danger you're in."

     " I'm fine. I've been taking care of myself pretty well."

     I cleared my throat and glared at him.

     " Perhaps," Randolph said gravely." But those days are over. You're sixteen now, the age of manhood. You escaped them once, the night your mother died. They won't let you escape again. This is our last chance. Let me help you, or you won't live through the day."

     I raised my eyebrow questioningly.

     " Listen Randolph we might get killed, we might not, but even if what you're saying is somehow true I doubt we'll need your help," I said, glaring at him as I spoke.

     " I know about the wolves."

     Magnus and I stopped and exchanged a look as Randolph continued to speak.

     " I know what you saw, I know who sent the creatures. Regardless of what the police think, I know how your mother really died."

     " How-"

     " Magnus there's so much I need to tell you about your parents, about your inheritance... about your father."

     Again, my brother and I exchanged glances and spoke in unison again, wow two times in a day, a record." You knew our father?"

     " Yes Magnus, your father's identity, your mother's murder, the reason she refused my help, it's all connected." He gestured over to where all the Viking artifacts were." My whole life, I've been working toward one goal. I've been trying to solve a historical mystery. Until recently I don't see the whole picture, now I do, it's all been leading to this day, your sixteenth birthday."

     " Look I don't understand ninety percent of what you're saying." Magnus backed up." But if you can tell me- us, about our dad-"

     The building rattled around for a moment almost as though there was an earthquake or a large explosion on the other side of town.

     " They'll be here soon," Randolph said ominously." We're running out of time."

     " Who are they?" Magnus asked, clearly not understanding as much as I did.

     " I'm asking a lot Magnus, you have no reason to trust me, but you need to come with me right now. I know where your birthright is. Together we can retrieve what is yours, it's the only thing that might protect you."

     As Magnus glanced out the window I looked at the maps again, trying to decipher them as best as I could with the little knowledge I had of the nose ruins from back when mom was still alive and I had the resources to be a mythology obsessed child.

     " My car is out back." I turned back to my uncle as he said those words.

     " M-maybe we should wait for Annabeth and Uncle Fredrick," Magnus said, trying to stall for time.

     " They don't believe me, they never believed me. Out of desperation, as a last resort, I brought them to Boston to help me look for you, but now that you're here-"

     The building rattled again, almost as though the danger was getting closer.

     " I hate to say it, but these papers... Magnus this is Norse, and Norse means this is a big deal."

     " Please Magnus, I lost my own family to those monsters," Randolph pleaded, shocking both me and my brother." I lost my wife... my daughters..."

     " You- you had a family?" Magnus asked." My mom never said anything-"

     " No she wouldn't have, but your mother... Natalie was my only sister, I loved her, I hated to lose her, I can't lose you and your sister too. Come with me, your father left something for you to find- something that will change the worlds."

     " What if we just run? Will you try to stop us?"

     " I don't think you understand-" I began before getting cut off by my uncle.

     " If you run they'll find you, they'll kill you."

     " Well then," Magnus said, clearly trying to sound calm and failing miserably to do so." Let's go for a ride."

A/N: And here's yet another chapter, I've been meaning to upload daily but things have kept getting in the way... but here's the chapter now! I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.