Well... At Least No One Died.

Good news, The Big Banana was still in one piece, as were our friends. Although in the cases of Sam, Halfborn, and Mallory, 'still in one piece' seemed to mean 'barely survived'. Most of Mallory Keen's hair appeared to be chopped off, the berserker had one arm in a sling, and Samirah looked like she'd decided to take a swim.

     " Water horses?" Magnus asked.

     " Nothing we couldn't handle," Halfborn said with a shrug." Half a dozen attacks since yesterday afternoon, about what I figured."

     " One pulled me into the river by my hair," Mallory said, explaining the new hair cut.

     " I think I gave you a pretty good haircut considering I only had my battle-ax to work with," Halfborn grinned." Let me tell you Magnus, with the blade so close to her neck, I was tempted-"

    " Shut up, oaf," Mallory interrupted him.

     " Exactly my point. But Samirah now, you should've seen her. She was impressive."

     " It was nothing," Sam said.

     " Nothing!? You got dragged under the river and came up riding a water horse," Mallory reminded her." You mastered that beast! I've never heard of anyone who could do that."

     Sam squeezed some more water out of her hijab." Valkyries get on well with horses. That's probably all it was."

     Halfborn glanced towards the four of us." Hmm, what about you all? You're alive, I see."

     And so we began to explain everything that had happened in York and Kings Square.

     " That would explain Fierro's new coat of paint," Mallory remarked.

     " And the rock in T.J.'s head," Halfborn said, leaning over to look at it." Does it hurt?"

     " Not anymore," T.J. admitted." Not unless you try to remove it."

     " Hold on then." Halfborn used his free hand to reach into the pouch attached to his belt, pulling out a matchbox and managing to grab hold of a match, before sticking it against the flint stuck in T.J.'s head.

     " Hey!"

     Halfborn grinned at the newly lit match." You have a new superpower, my friend! That could be useful."

     " Right, enough out that. Glad you all survived, but did you get information from the giant?" Mallory asked.

     I nodded." According to what Hrungnir said just before he died, Kvasir's mead is located in Norway, specifically somewhere called Fläm."

     Halfborn dropped the match.

     " You alright, big guy?" T.J. asked as I attempted to stomp out the flame." You look like you've seen a draugr."

     " Jorvik was bad enough," Halfborn muttered." Now Fläm? What are the odds?"

     " You know the place," Magnus guessed.

     " I'm going below..."

     " Want me to heal the arm first?"

     Halfborn shook his head, before heading below deck.

     T.J. looked to Mallory." What was that about?"

     " Don't look at me, I'm not his keeper."

     Sam spoke up." Let's get underway. I don't want to be on this river any longer than we have to."

     We all nodded, before beginning to go our separate ways aboard the ship, with Alex, T.J., and I heading below deck as well after the last battle, and Mallory, Sam, and Magnus staying above deck.

A/N: Oh, shoot this was a short chapter, but there wasn't really anything else I could do about that based on my plan for the story. I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.