And My Least Favorite Nine World, So Far, And I've Only Been To Three

A/N: The bag above is what I pictured Willow's new bag looking like.

     For a second after landing, I thought we ended up in Boston again, based on how familiar my surroundings looked.

     " This is Southie," Magnus remarked." Around D street."

     Blitz shook his head." This is Nidavellir, kid. It looks like South Boston, or rather, South Boston looks like it. I told you, Boston is the nexus. The Nine Worlds blend together there and affect one another. Southie has a definite dwarvish feeling to it."

     " I thought Nidavellir would be underground, with Claustrophobic tunnels and-"

     " Kid," Blitz interrupted." That's a cavern ceiling above your head. It's just a long way up and hidden by air pollution. We don't have daytime here, it's this dark all the time."

     Magnus and I both stared up at where our dwarven friend claimed the ceiling was supposed to be.

     Blitz wrapped up his helmet in its netting, which turned it into a handkerchief, before speaking again." We should get going."

     " You're to going to talk about what happened up there in Volkswagen?"

     " What's there to say?"

     I raised an eyebrow." Quite a lot, Blitz."

     " For one thing, we're cousins."

     The dwarf shrugged." I'm happy your cousin, but children of the gods don't put much stock in that sort of connection. Godly family lines are so tangled, thinking about it will drive you crazy. Everybody's related to everybody."

     " But you're a demigod, that's a good thing, right?" Magnus asked.

     " I hate the word Demigod. I prefer born with a target on my back."

     " Come on Blitz, Freya is your mom, that's important information you kinda forgot to mention."

     " Freya is my mother. A lot of svartalfs are descended from Freya. Down here, it's not such a big deal. She mentioned how she got Brisingamen? A few millennia ago she was strolling through Nidavellir, who knows why, and she came across these four dwarves who were crafting the necklace. She was obsessed, she had to have it. The dwarves said sure, for the right price, Freya had to marry each of them, one after the other, for one day each."

     " She... Oh."

     " Yeah, she had four dwarvish children, one for each marriage."

     I furrowed my eyebrows." How is that supposed to work? If they were four days in a row, and pregnancy lasts nine months per child or children..."

     " Don't ask me, goddesses live by their own rules. Anyway, she got the necklace. She was ashamed of herself for marrying dwarves, tried to keep it a secret, but the thing is, she loved dwarven jewelry. She kept coming back to Nidavellir to pick out new pieces, and every time..."

     " Wow."

     I stared down at the earrings Freya had given me, wondering if they had the same story.

     " That's the main difference between dark elves and regular dwarves," Blitz continued." The svartalfs are taller and generally more handsome because we have Vanir blood. We're descended from Freya. You say I'm a demigod, I say I'm a receipt. My dad crafted a pair of earrings for Freya, she married him for a day. She couldn't resist his craftsmanship, he couldn't resist her beauty. Now she sends me to purchase a new pair of earrings because she's tired of the old ones and Asgard forbid she find herself saddled with another little Blitzen... Come on, if we stand in the street any longer, we'll get mugged for this bag of tears. Dwarves can smell red gold from a mile away. I'll buy you guys a drink at Nabbi's Tavern."