Honestly, Those Guys Are Just Adorable.

Sam had the same reaction as the rest of us did upon seeing our battleship approach." You're right Alex, that ship is really yellow."

     " Not you too!" Magnus sighed.

     " I vote we name it the Big Banana," Alex stated." All in favor?"

     " Don't you dare."

     " I love it!" Mallory said, as she and Halfborn emerged from below deck, both of them with a black eye.

     " It's decided then, the good ship Mikillgulr," Halfborn declared.

     T.J. looked as confused as I felt." There's an old Norse term for Big Banana?"

     " Well, not exactly. The vikings never sailed far enough south to discover bananas, but Mikillgulr means Big Yellow. That's close enough."

     We stepped off the boat.

     Amir shook friends with my brother and I." How are you, J-Magnus? Willow?"

     " Yeah," Magnus replied, although that didn't really answer the question." I'm good. I mean, as good as can be expected given that we're heading off on another dangerous quest."

     Sam hit him with the but of her ax." Hey, don't get him agitated! I've spent the past few days trying to convince Amir not to worry."

     " And I've spent the past few days chaperoning them as she tried to convince him not to worry," Alex added." It's been very cute."

     Magnus looked at Samirah." You okay?"

     " Of course! I'm fine!"

     " Nah," Magnus decided." You're not okay."

     " Ramadan started two weeks ago," Amir explained." We're both fasting."

     " Amir!"

     " Well? Magnus and WIllow are friends, they deserve to know!"

     " So, uh," Magnus said." What are the rules about that?"

     " It will not affect me on this quest," the valkyrie stated." I didn't want to say anything because didn't want anyone worrying. It's just no drinking or eating during daylight hours."

     " Or bathing," Amir added." Or cursing. Or smoking. Or violence."

     " Which is fine," Alex said." Because our quests never involve violence."

     " I can still defend myself if attacked," Samirah assured with an eye roll." It's only one month-"

     " One month!?"

     " I've done this every year since I was ten. Believe me, it's no big deal."

     I cleared my throat." Is it possible to put this off until the quest is over? I don't want this quest to be tiring for Sam."

     " She could," Amir agreed." That's allowable if you're traveling, or if fasting would be too dangerous, both of which are true in this case."

     " But she won't," Alex added." Because she is as stubborn as a very devout mule."

     Sam hit her brother in the ribs." Watch it brother."

     " Ow! What happened to no violence?"

     " I was defending myself!"

     " Hey you all," Halfborn called to us." We're loaded up and ready to sail. What are you gabbing about? Come on!"

     " Just be careful," Amir told his fiance." All of you. Magnus, I'd ask you or Willow to watch out for Samirah, but if I did that, she would hit me with her ax."

     " I would never hit you with my ax. Anyway, I'll be watching out for Magnus, not the other way around."

     " I'll watch out for Sam," Alex offered." That's what family is for, right?"

     Amir stared at him blankly for a second." Okay, thanks."

     " We'll be careful," Magnus assured." Besides, nobody would dare attack this ship, it's way too yellow."

     That got him to smile." That much is true." He grabbed a green bag from the hood of his car ( the same kind Fadlan's Falafel used for deliveries) before handing it to me." This is for you guys, I hope you enjoy."

     Magnus stared at the bag in my hands for a moment before thanking Amir." Man, you're the best. I can't believe- Wait, you're in the middle of a fast, and you brought us food? That seems wrong."

     " Just because I'm fasting doesn't mean you can't enjoy. You'll be in my prayers. All of you."

     While it was a nice sentiment, he was also talking to a group of people who were either atheists, or believed in the ( technically real) Norse Gods.

     " Thanks, man," Magnus replied, shaking his hand.

     Amir turned to his fiance." I love you."

     Sam stumbled, and had to be caught by her brother." I... yes. Also. Too."

     Amir nodded, before driving away.

     Sam facepalmed." Also!? Too!? I am such an idiot!"

     " I thought you were quite eloquent," Alex said." Come on, sister. Your neon-yellow warship awaits."

     For a while, everything was going pretty well. And like the usual 'everything was going well' story, things stopped going so well all of a sudden, as right was we were about to arrive to the place where we were supposed to meet Hearth and Blitz at, there was something blocking our path.

     In the water in front of us, there was a giant whirlpool, out of which rose nine women, most likely giants of some water variety, who dragged us beneath the surface.

A/N: Sorry for the shorter than usual chapter, a good portion of it was a conversation between Magnus and Sam which I didn't think Willow would partake in. I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.