A Mansion... yay.

So yeah, our Uncle Randolph lives in a huge six-story brownstone equipped with all the things you need to be classified as rich, and my brother and I are out sleeping on the streets. It's a glorious time when you know your homeless, in need of food and money, and your Uncle has all of that and more if you'd just move in with him, but you can't because your dead mother instructed you never to go to him, a typical family situation.

     With that opportunity, you'd probably wonder why we didn't just go live with our uncle even though Mom told us not to... you see every time the thought even crossed my mind it terrified me that I was going against both my mom's wishes and common sense.

     Yet here we were, breaking into his house. Does that sound weird No, no we don't want your fancy luxury life and to live with you uncle, but we will break in and steal from you whenever we please ... Eh, I don't really care, so long as I'm not starving to death, freezing to death, dying in general, or living with Randolph I'll be fine.

     First stop, the kitchen... what? We were hungry. Magnus and I had a glorious meal of Turkey, Crackers, and Milk ( from the carton) my brother was complaining about Randolph's alarming lack of Falafel but I swear I saw him slip a chocolate bar into his pocket so clearly the man at least had a semi-good taste in food.

     After that glorious meal, some may think it was time to leave... nope! Time to snoop around the rest of the house, clearly. We headed upstairs to an office which was obviously Randolphs and searched around the room. The most fascinating thing by far was certainly the papers strewn across the desk, as I walked over to look at all the different maps and such Magnus took hold of a leather pouch being used as a paperweight, after looking at those for a minute he turned to me.

     " Will, take a look at these." He handed me the bag while examining one of the items that had been inside.

     I reached inside as well and took out a small object around the same shape and size of a domino, with a symbol painted in red. Almost immediately I thought it looked familiar, something from a distant memory, as Magnus handed me the one he'd been looking at I realized where I'd last seen them.

     I set down the two ruin stones and traced my finger along the maps and such until I found a similar symbol on one of the papers. This wasn't just the ramblings of some lunatic, this was Norse... although it could also be the ramblings of some lunatic.

     Before I could decipher what it meant any further Magnus grabbed my arm.

     " Heath wants us to get going."

     " Hearth, wha-?"

     " Hello Magnus, Willow."