Hey... Dad?

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised no one killed us as we sailed along with an evil god stuck in a walnut, especially because we were out in the open, just floating in the water, for three whole days. And for most of that time, we were just recovering. For three full days anyone could have just waltzed on by and killed us, but didn't.

     Finally, after being on the water for so long, something on the horizon changed.

     " Hey!" We all turned to T.J." Land!"

     Magnus looked towards the landmass as it began to grow." That's not Boston."

     " That's not even Midgard," Halfborn added." If our ship followed the currents Naglfar would have taken, that means-"

     " We're landing at Vigridir," Mallory finished." The Last Battlefield. This is the place where we'll all die someday."

     And so, like the intelligent people we are, we kept heading towards it, and as our boat approached Vigridir, we began noticing the group of people who were waiting for our arrival- or more specifically, Gods.

     The boat docked near a sign with a red raven and an also red number five which read REMEMBER, YOU PARKED AT RAVEN FIVE! HAVE A NICE RAGNAROK.

     A goddess who I didn't recognize was the first to speak as she turned to Mallory Keen." My daughter, I knew you would succeed."

     Heimdall grinned." I saw you coming from five miles away, Magnus! That yellow boat. Wow!"

     " I hear you insulted Loki into a little two-inch-tall man?" Thor said." Good work!"

     Sif ran over to hug Alex Fierro." My dear, you look lovely. Is that a new sweater vest?"

     A man I assumed was Tyr ( his right hand was missing) walked up to T.J." My son, you've done well."

     T.J. stared up at the god." Dad!?"

     " Take my hand."

     " I-"

     " I challenge you to take my hand."

     " I accept!" T.J. glanced back at me." Err... this..."

     " Hello, my name is Willow Chase! It's nice to meet you, sir."

     " It's nice to meet you too."

     T.J. began talking to his father and I ended up near where my brother was, and my brother just so happened to be talking with our father.

     When I approached, Frey looked over to me." Willow, hello."

     " Er..." I scratched the back of my neck." Hi... sir?"

     The god sighed." If you're not comfortable with calling me 'dad' I understand, just call me Frey."

     " Alright..."

     We stood in silence for a moment, before my brother brought out Jack and I took that as my queue to find someone else to speak with, and that someone ended up being Blitzen and his mother, the one god who I seemed to get along with, Freya.

     We spoke for a minute or so ( although it was mostly just Freya frantically checking that Blitz and I were safe and in one piece) before Odin addressed the group.

     " Friends! Let us retire to our feasting tent on the field of Vigridir! I have reserved tent Lindworm Seven! That's Lindworm Seven. If you get lost, follow the mauve arrows. Once there-" here his tone became more serious."- we will discuss the fate of all living things."