Almost All Chapter, I Thought He Was Joking.

We actually killed the goats, I thought Thor was just joking around, but he was serious. Weirdest part, neither goat seemed slightly surprised about getting killed.

     " Giants!" Thor yelled at one point during his ranting about just that subject, as well as tv shows." After all these centuries, you'd think they would learn to stop invading Midgard, but no! They're like the... what is it? The League of Assassins in Arrow! They just keep coming back! As if I would let anything happen to humans! You guys are my favorite species!"

     He continued on his ranting for a while longer, mainly about tv shows I'd never watched and didn't know a thing about, which was especially irritating considering the world could end next week.

     " So what do you think?" He asked Magnus, who at this point was the only one keeping up with the conversation." Best villain in an ongoing series?"

     " Uh... wow, tough one," Magnus evaded the question by asking one of his own, pointing to a pair of tattoos on the god's knuckles." Who are Magni and Modi?"

     " My sons!" Thor grinned." I've got a lot of sons, of course, but they're my favorites."

     " Yeah? How old are they?"

     " Ah... this is embarrassing," the god remarked." But I'm not sure. They might not even be born yet."

     " How-?"

     " Magnus," Sam spoke up." Lord Thor's two sons Magni and Modi are fated to survive Ragnarok. Their names are spoken in the prophecies of the Norns."

     " That's right!... Who are you again?"

     " Uh... Sam, my lord."

     " You have a familiar aura, girl," Thor remarked." Why is that?"

     " She was a Valkyrie," I quickly spoke up." That might be where the familiarity comes from."

     " Oh," Thor said." Maybe that's it. You'll have to excuse me, I've been on three thousand five hundred and six consecutive deployments to the eastern front, keeping the giants at bay. I get a little jumpy sometimes."

     And gassy. Hearth signed.

     " What did the elf say? I do not speak Gesticulation."

     " Umm... he was wondering how you keep current on television," Magnus said quickly, considering lying was better than getting hit with a lightning bolt." Seeing as you're out in the field so much."

     " I have to do something to keep myself sane!" The god laughed.

     How's that working out for you?

     " The elf agrees!" Thor exclaimed, which meant he just assumed what Hearth was signing." I can watch my shows anywhere, or at least I could. Among its many other powers, my hammer Mjolnir got full bars of service and HD resolution in any of the Nine Worlds!"

     " Got?" Sam repeated." Past tense?"

     The god cleared his throat." But enough about television! How's that goat meat? You didn't break any bones, did you?"

     Sam, Magnus, and I all looked at each other for a moment, not confused about the bone thing ( actually, Magnus probably was), but about the way he suddenly changed the topic of conversation.

     " Uh... no, sir," Magnus said after a moment." We didn't break any bones. Just theoretically, what would happen if we did?"

     " The goats would be resurrected with that damage. Which would take a long time to heal and be very annoying. Then I'd either have to kill you or make you my slave forever."