Alright, and Now It's Even Weirder

I suppose I should feel lucky to live by the elevators. Immediately after Liv and I walked into the hallway, we got shoved aside by a group of Einherjar who looked to be around twelve or thirteen who were attempting to race each other to dinner.

     " So is this floor just kids around my age?"

     Liv grinned as she ruffled one of the kid's hair, probably another kid she'd brought in." Well, Valhalla is mainly separated into three groups; Kids, Adults, and Elders. The lower floors are mainly for anyone under twenty, meaning everyone on this floor is around our age, yes."

     " And I'm assuming we just don't age after death, or else that'd be a lot of moving rooms."

     The Valkyrie laughed." That would cause some problems. Come on! I want to show you your hallmates before dinner."

     " Isn't dinner already started? Some alert just went off."

     " Well, yeah, but crowds aren't much of a problem when you can just fly over them. Mallory!" Liv dragged me over to a girl with curly red hair, who was yelling at someone who looked to be around six and a half feet tall, something that was not the best idea in my opinion." Come on! Meet your new hallmate!"

     'Mallory' turned away from the guy she was yelling at, she spoke with a thick Irish accent." Hello Liv, new kid, can one of you please tell X to quit it with the pig heads?"

     Liv sighed, as if this were something that happened nearly every day." Mallory, you know all I do around here is bring in new kids such as Willow here, and I can't control X's actions any more than you can." She checked her watch again before grabbing my arm suddenly and taking off into the air.

     " Woah! Liv, I was not prepared for that." I tucked my legs in to avoid kicking someone who looked like a typical Viking and a guy in a blue uniform in the face.

     " You probably aren't prepared for a lot of things around here, so why give warnings? Besides, it's the best way to get the elevators to yourself, because everyone else will be too surprised to remember to get into the elevator."

     She set me down before tapping her feet to the tune of 'Fly Me To The Moon' which probably meant she was all too used to the tune, especially since it was playing over the elevator speakers again.

     " So... are you dead as well?"

     " No, I'm alive, most Valkyries are."

     " How does that work with your daily life? I doubt you could walk late into work or school and say 'Oh, sorry I'm late, I just needed to pick up a dead person to get them to an alternate dimension hotel'."

     She laughed again." That'd be cool, but no, I basically just have to come up with an excuse to get out of class for long enough to take care of Valkyrie business. The only people in my normal life who know about the Valhalla stuff are also  Valkyries, one is my girlfriend and the other goes to my school, which does make school very interesting when one or both of us will just race out of class at random."

     " I guess it would."

     The elevator came to a stop, and just as the elevator doors opened, the crowd that had gathered in the hall was flooding through doors that I assumed led into the dining hall. Liv grabbed my arm again, taking off into the air and flying over the heads of most Einherjar, before landing by a table near the center of the room. The weird stadium-like seating didn't really bother me currently though, after I recognized a familiar blond sixteen-year-old.