It's Time To Discuss The Fact That We Are Capable Of Dying.

We ate dinner at a fish and chips place called Mr. Chippy where Alex tricked a waiter ( who had thought T.J. and I were dating) into giving us a free slice of cake by claiming we were celebrating an engagement.

     As soon as we got back to the pottery studio, Alex claimed the only comfortable spot to sleep in and proceeded to immediately begin to snore, which meant that in order for the rest of us to get any sleep, we had to stay in the storage room ( although that only helped a little).

     We managed to set up some canvas tarps on the floor to make two, very uncomfortable, makeshift beads.

     Considering the amount of times T.J., Halfborn, and Mallory had been stuck hiding out in my room after the four of us had been chased there from elsewhere in Valhalla and the over sixteen years I'd lived around Magnus, I knew both of the other occupants of the room snored, almost as badly as Alex, and, to make it even worse, Magnus tended to talk in his sleep, meaning if I was going to get any sleep, I had to be the first to turn in.

     Of course, as I attempted to sleep, Magnus and T.J. both decided to start talking.

     " So, what happens tomorrow?" Magnus asked, as I tried to block out the noise." I mean exactly."

     " Exactly?" T.J. laughed." I fight a twenty-foot-tall giant until one of us dies or can't fight anymore. Meanwhile, the giant's clay warrior fights Alex's clay warrior until one of them is rubble. Alex, I dunno, cheers on her creation, I guess. Willow and I came up with a few idea's for how she can get around the 'no fighting' rule. You heal me if you can."

     " That's allowed?"

     " Far as I know, anything's allowed for you, Willow, and Alex as long as you don't actually fight."

     " Doesn't it bother you that your opponent is fifteen feet taller than you?"

     " Do you think I look that short?" T.J. asked." I'm almost six feet!"

     Magnus was quiet for a second before suddenly asking," How can you be so calm?"

     " I've already beat the odds so many times, Magnus," T.J. replied." On James Island, South Carolina? I was standing right next to a friend of mine, Joe Wilson, when a reb sniper... Could have been me. Could have been any of us. I hit the dirt, rolled over and stared up at the sky, and this sense of calm washed over me. I wasn't afraid anymore."

     " Yeah, that's called shock."

     " Nah, I saw Valkyries, Magnus- ladies on horses, swirling in the skies above our regiment. I finally believed what my ma had always told me about my dad being Tyr. Those stories about Norse gods in Boston. Right then I decided, okay, what happens happens. If my dad is the god of bravery, I'd better make him proud."

     " You've met your dad? He gave you that bayonet, right?"

     " The bayonet was waiting for me when I checked into Valhalla. I never met Tyr face-to-face. Still, every time I accept a challenge, I feel closer to him. The more dangerous, the better."

     " You must feel super close to him now."

     I could almost sense T.J.'s smile." Yep, good times." Next to me, I felt the tarp shifting as he laid down." Now I just gotta figure out how to kill that giant. I'm worried a direct frontal charge might not work."

     " So what's you're plan?" Magnus asked.

     " No idea!" There was a bit more shifting after this." Maybe something will come to me in my dreams. Night Magnus."

     And then he started snoring, right next to me.

     Thankfully once the conversation was over, I managed to fall asleep quickly enough despite the snoring right in my ear, and ended up being the first one awake. And being the first one awake meant waking up surrounded by the sound of my friends snoring.

     Deciding I'd rather not go deaf, I got up, took some of Alex's money that Magnus still had in his pockets ( I'd rather pickpocket my brother than risk Alex's garrote) and left the studio to go but some breakfast, which ended up being bagels. By the time I returned, Alex and T.J. were both already awake.

     While the three of us were in the middle of eating breakfast, a scream signaled to us that my brother had woken up.

     T.J. and I glanced towards him from where we were attempting to eat our bagels in peace.

      " Finally up!" T.J. said." Bad dreams, huh?"

     Magnus didn't answer, instead staring at the glasses T.J. was wearing." Wh-what's going on? What's with the glasses?"

     " A scream that high could only be Magnus," Alex said, popping into the room before glancing at my brother." Ah, good, you're awake. Come on, time's wasting." She walked back to the other room before circling the table with all the pottery pieces laid out on it." Okay! Yep, we're good."

     Magnus looked into the bag of bagels Alex had tossed at him ( that now had only one remaining bagel) before frowning." You left me a garlic bagel?"

     " Last awake, last choice," Alex told him as I finished earing my onion seed bagel.

     " My breath is going to be terrible."

     " More terrible. Well, that's fine, I'm not kissing you," Alex stated." Are you kissing him, T.J.?"

     " Wasn't planning on it."

     " I-I didn't say anything about- I didn't mean-" Magnus started, before deciding it wasn't worth it." Whatever. T.J., why are you wearing those glasses anyway?"

     T.J. grinned." You helped jog my memory, Magnus, talking about that sniper last night. Then I dreamed about Hrungnir and those weird amber eyes of his, and I saw myself laughing and shooting him dead. Then, when I woke up, I remembered I had these in my haversack. Completely forgot about them!"

     Magnus looked towards the parts for our ceramic warrior." So, what's going on with Pottery Barn guy? Why is he still in pieces?"

     " Pottery Barn?" Alex asked with a grin." Good name! But let's not assume Pottery Barn's gender."

     " Uh, okay."

     She took a deep breath." Wish me luck." With that, she placed her hands on the ceramic faces and suddenly all the pottery we'd spent so long making yesterday began to piece themselves together, connected by some sort of magic. Pottery Barn sat up and turned to Alex, a gold light glowing in one of their eyes.

     " Yes!" Alex exclaimed" Okay, Pottery Barn is Non-binary, as I suspected. Prefered pronouns are they and them, and they are ready to fight."

     At this, Pottery Barn jumped up and turned towards Magnus, looking like they were ready to fight him.

     " Stop! He's not the enemy!" Alex told them before they looked towards her with a bit of doubt." Maybe they don't like garlic... Magnus, finish that bagel quickly and let's get on the road. We ca't keep our enemies waiting!"

A/N: As a Non-Binary person who goes by They/Them pronouns myself, Pottery Barn was my first representation, and because of that, I love quoting Alex's " Prefered pronouns are they and them, and they are ready to fight" line. Also, sorry for the late chapter I was busy making a Gingerbread house. I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.