4 Out Of 5 Stars, A Bit Too Much Death

Oddly enough, I did not dream of glorious death. In fact, I didn't dream of anything. As soon as I returned to my hotel room, I got into the pajamas provided by Valhalla, and fell asleep without even getting under the covers.

     It was the early hours of the next morning that I woke up, even though I had the chance to get more sleep than I'd had in two years, I was still used to getting only a few hours of sleep, and my internal alarm clock had woken me up by six in the morning.

     It was odd doing normal things after so long, getting up and taking a shower, changing into clean clothes, brushing my teeth. I even checked through the kitchen to see if the magical hotel had provided food, and brewed a cup of Chamomile tea.

     After that, I just sat down, for a few minutes, not even drinking the cup of tea, because I didn't know what to do, what I was expected to do now that I was dead. Sure I was now semi-immortal and expected to train to fight in Ragnarock, prevent doomsday and all that Jaz, but what everyone here had so far forgotten to tell me was what that meant.

     With that little mental breakdown out of the way, I decided to read through the hotel guest services book, which was just where the hotel had left it, on the table in the middle of the entry hall. The only thing that wasn't the same in the room, was a small slip of paper that was in front of the door, I really hoped that it wasn't a bill, I didn't have any money to pay any bills.

    Thankfully for me, it wasn't a bill ( although I was still worried one of these days I'd get a bill), it was a note ( in exceptionally nice cursive).

Hi, neighbor,

Join us in lounge 19 for breakfast. Down the hall to the left. Bring your weapons and armor.

T.J.

     The phrase 'neighbor' made me wonder if there were a million copies of this note that they just sent to the new kids.

     I shrugged to no one in particular, before placing both the note and my cup of barely touched tea on the table, before heading upstairs to my closet to look for the aforementioned weapons and armor.

     The only two things I could find that mildly fit that description were a shield and a sword ( and my no longer melting lamp post). Good news, both the sword and the shield had something that would allow me to carry them easier, the sword sheath worked easily as a belt, and the shield had a strap attached that allowed it to hang off my back, the lamp post? Not so much, which meant I would have to constantly carry it around.

     I gave an awkward thumbs-up to my reflection, and walked off to breakfast... or my death, whichever came first.

A/N: And there's another chapter!... I really need to get better at these authors notes... I'm sorry it's a bit short compared with the more recent chapters, but I felt like breakfast should be it's own chapter ( or pair it with the battle, one of the two)... and with that, I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.