It Was Going Well Until It Wasn't

I had to hand it to Alex, I probably wouldn't have made it this far without breaking character.

     In a split second, Alex threw off her veil and wrapped her garrote around Thrym's neck, just like she'd done with Grimwolf.

     " I want a divorce!" the girl yelled.

     " Treachery!" Thrynga yelled, with more excitement than anger." Bring me the hammer!"

     I drew my sword, and began my attempt to stop Randolph from freeing Loki. Unfortunately, with a bunch of giants in the way who were all now looking for a fight, it was a difficult task.

     Over the ruckus, Loki yelled," Now, you fool!"

     " I can't!" I heard my uncle say back." There are women present!"

     " Unsheath it anyway! Curse the consequences!"

     " But-"

     " Do it! Hurry you fool! Before the sword desolves!"

     I couldn't see what was going on, but I could tell that it was something bad. Three giants ( at least) stood in between me and stopping, or even seeing, Loki.

     " No!" Sam yelled.

     " Samirah! Freeze!" Loki ordered, before a moment later yelling," The stone, you idiot! Sharpen the blade and get on with it! You only have a few minutes!"

     I struck down one of the giants surrounding me, and sotted three other giants staggering around carrying Thor's hammer.

     " What do we do with it?" I heard one ask." Put it back in the earth?"

     " Don't you dare!" Thrynga ordered to them." That hammer is mine!"

     " Thrynga!" I heard my brother yell from somewhere out of my line of vision." You want the sword for yourself? You'd better hurry."

     " That sword is finished, already dissolving. But perhaps I'll take yours!" Thrynga tackled my brother, sending the two of them sliding into my field of vision and directly into one of the boiling pits dotted around the cave.

     While I was mourning the almost eminent death of my brother, I also realized that was a good idea and began slowly pushing the two giants I was still fighting towards another pit.

     Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Magnus climb out of the pit and send Jack off to do Jack stuff.

     Then there was a SNAP, and Loki yelled," Yes!"

     Then, a few moments later, the cave shook once again, and a hole opened up in the ceiling, sending our back up ( excluding the gods Thor was supposed to collect) flying onto the ground.

     In the distraction, I shoved both giants into the boiling pit behind them, allowing me to finally look around the battlefield, and watch as Blitzen attacked King Thrym, leaping ontop of his head and causing him to crumble to the ground.

     Hearth threw a rune at Loki, one that looked like an I, which surrounded the god with ice.

     " Death and Glory!" Halfborn yelled, before going off to kill some giants.

     " Kill everyone!" Mallory agreed, before going to do the same.

     " Charge!"

     I grinned at my friends before racing off to help them attack the remaining giants as Sam recovered from being frozen and Magnus ran over to help Alex up.

     " Back off," Sam told Randolph, aiming her spear at him.

     " I'm good," I heard Alex mutter." He-he didn't control me. Loki didn't. I-I was pretending."

     " I know, Alex. You did great."

     " Thor got in touch with us, kid," Blitzen explained while punching Thrym with his chainmail tie." Nice work! It was actually easier for me to tunnel here once I knew the location. The gods are still diffing their way from this idiot's lair. The rock is magically hardened by this guy, but they'll get through it.

     Halfborn quickly killed the giant's who'd been carrying around Thor's hammer, before looking at the weapon eagerly." I've always wanted to try this!" He attempted to lift Mjolnir, to no avail.

     " Like I keep telling you," Mallory laughed." You are not as strong as three giants. Now help me over here-"

     " Look out!" Alex interrupted, making us all turn our attention back to Loki.

     Unfortunately, we'd forgotten that the ice binding him there was not perminate, as almost immediately after we turned to face him, it shattered, and Randolph cut the last bond keeping him there.

     Loki smiled." Free. Now the fun begins."

A/N: I've done it again! I haven't had anything to write in the authors note so instead stared at it for ages then proceeded to use that information as the Authors Note. Hooray. I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.