We Just Cannot Seem To Find Any Polite Giants.

Now at this point on my journeys, I was an expert at falling. I'd fallen from waterfalls, I'd fallen on trees, I'd fallen while on a flying horse, I'd fallen just in general, but falling on a boat was a new one, especially because there wasn't much to keep me from going flying off.

     The closest thing to me was the ladder leading up to the top of the mast, so immediately, that's what I latched onto, before attempting to make my way towards T.J. to try and help stop him from going flying off as well.

     Long story short, that didn't work out so well for either of us. After a while of falling and the nine giantesses singing ( screaming), T.J. lost his grip just as I almost reached him. On instinct, I reached out to catch him, only to lose my own grip on the ladder.

     Thankfully we had someone who could fly on our team, as Sam automatically flew up to catch us and bring us back down to Mikillgulr, which had finally stopped falling as it now lay in a lake of what looked close to lava. All three of us raced towards the unconscious Halfborn, who was still by the rudder.

     " He's alive!" Sam informed us all." Knocked out cold though."

     We all turned to look at Magnus, before he eventually remembered it was his job to heal us.

     Mallory and Alex both emerged from below deck, as the redhead demanded," What are you fools doing up here!?"

     Before any of us could respond, a new, unfamiliar, loud voice, came from somewhere a great ways above us." WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY CAULDRON!?"

     We looked up to see someone who was obviously a giant. To put in perspective this guy's size, I'd say us humans paled in comparison to even his smallest tooth.

     Magnus pushed me towards the front of the boat ( not necessarily any closer to the giant, considering he was looming above us).

     I glared at my brother before projecting my voice as much as I could." Hello! We apologize for our sudden appearance."

     The giant furrowed one of his eyebrows before turning to either side of him." Daughters! Get over here."

     A few moments later, the nine women who had brought us here in the first place ( now significantly larger) appeared around him.

     " We got them dad!" One of them squeaked.

     " Yes, but why?"

     " They're yellow!" another reasoned." We noticed them right away. With a ship that color, we figured they deserved to drown."

     " Also," a different daughter added." One of them mentioned mead! We knew you'd want to talk to them, Dad! That's your favorite word."

     " Woah, woah, woah," Alex interjected." Nobody here was talking about mead. There's been some kind of mistake..." He looked around at the rest of us"... right?"

     " Uhh..." Magnus responded, ever so eloquently, before pointing to Sam, who began backing away." I was just explaining-"

     " Doesn't matter!" the giant yelled." You're here now, but I can't have you in my cauldron. I'm just cooking down the mead. A Viking ship could totally ruin the flavor of the honey."

     Magnus looked at the liquid we were floating in." Honey?"

     " Don't you dare call me that," Alex told him, possibly joking.

     The giant ( I didn't exactly have a different name to refer to him by) picked up our ship by the mast, which made me glad I was no longer on it.

     " They're too small to see properly," he remarked." Let's scale things down."

     And then, the same thing that happened at Utgard Loki's happened again, as everything shrink around us, apart from ( thankfully) the boat we were standing on,

     " You are Aegir," Magnus realized, now that we had a better view of the giant." God of the sea."

     The god grunted.

     " And these... these lovely ladies are your daughters?"

     " Of course," Aegir replied." The Nine Giantesses of the Waves! This is Himminglaeva, Hefring, Hrönn-"

     " I'm Hefring, Dad," Hefring corrected." She's Hrönn."

     " Right. And Unn, and Bylgya-"

     " Bigly?" Mallory asked.

     " Nice to meet you all!" Sam quickly said before introductions could continue." We claim guest rights!"

     " What do you take me for, a savage!?" Aegir asked." Of course you have guest rights. Despite the fact that you ruined my mead and you have an insultingly yellow ship, you're in my house now. We at least have to have a meal together before I decide what to do with you. Unless one of you is Magnus Chase, of course, in which case I'd have to kill you right away. One if you isn't he, I hope?"

     We all glared at my brother.

     " Just hypothetically," Magnus spoke." If we had a Magnus Chase, why would you kill him?"

     " Because I promised my wife, Ran! For some reason, she hates that guy!"

     " Hates him," The daughters agreed." A lot. Yes, tons."

     " Ah." Magnus said." And where is your lovely wife?"

     " Not here tonight," the god explained." She's out collecting trash in her nets."

     " Thank gods!" Magnus said, before quickly covering his relief." I mean, thank gods we at least get to spend some quality time with the rest of you!"

     " Yes..." Aegir said, probably not knowing how to respond to that." Well, daughters, I suppose you should set extra places at the table for our guests. I'll talk to our chef about cooking up those juicy prisoners!"

     He waved towards a door, which opened up to show a large kitchen. And, just our luck above the oven hung a familiar elf and dwarf.

A/N: Time to head back into the action ( although we still have about two more chapters to go before any fighting happens for this book). I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.