We're All Doomed.

I repeat, We. Are. All. Doomed. We had no gods, no backup, and no plan for a way out.

     " Ah, yes. For my first act-" he lashed out at the snake, grabbing it before easily breaking its spine, effectively killing it." I really hated that snake. Who's next?"

     Immediately, those of us who weren't doing so bad closed around Magnus, Alex, and Sam in an attempt to protect them.

     " We can take him," T.J. guaranteed." All at once, ready?"

     I nodded, drawing my bow and arrow and aiming it at the god from my spot behind T.J.

     " Come on then, warriors of Odin," Loki said." I'm unarmed and weak. You can do it!"

     Protip, when your enemy is saying you can kill them, that's generally a sign that you can't. However, being a stubborn bunch of einherji, we still planned on trying.

     Then a familiar voice came from behind one of the walls." We're through! Yes, Heimdall, I'm sure this time. Probably."

     Loki glanced at the wall with annoyance." Ah well, next time?"

     There was another shake as the ground began crumbling underneath Loki's feet and then vanished entirely as he and his wife fell into the pit, sending my uncle falling in after them.

     " Randolph!" Magnus yelled, running to the edge." Randolph, hold on!"

     " No, Magnus," I heard Randolph's voice come from the pit." My family-"

     " Willow and I are your family, you old idiot!"

     " I'm sorry, I want to see them..."

     I couldn't see what had happened, but all I knew was that I never saw him again, meaning I guessed he'd fallen all the way down to Helheim.

     Then the wall broke and three gods emerged, only one of which I recognized. Thor.

     " Check your corners!" the god of thunder yelled.

     One of the other two gods ran over to a now conscious Thrym and, as one of his shows expanded to the size of a car, stepped on the jotun king's head, squishing it flat.

     " Good one Vidar!" The last god said ( by process of elimination, that would be Heimdall)." Could you do that again so I can snap a picture?"

     Vidar pointed to the dead body. He is flat now.

     Thor gasped." My baby!" He ran over to his hammer." At last! Are you okay, Mee-Mee? Did those nasty giants reprogram your channels?"

     " We're fine boss," Marvin said." Thanks for asking."

     " Did he just call his hammer Mee-Mee?" I heard Magnus ask.

     " Hey! Aesir idiots!" Alex yelled." Loki went that way!"

     " Loki?" Thor asked." Where?"

     Of course, instead of going to stop the main problem, Thrynga decided to prove that she was still alive... somehow,

     She lept out of the boiling pit and yelled," Kill you all!"

     Thor aimed mjolnir at the giantess, and quickly hit her with lightning.

     " Dude!" Heimdall yelled." What did I tell you about lightning so close to my phablet? You want to fry the motherboard?"

     Thor ignored him." Well, mortals, it's a good thing we arrived when we did, or that giantess might have hurt someone! Now, what were you saying about Loki?"

     We had to all restrain ourselves from hitting him.

     Heimdall glanced into the newly made hole in the ground." Goes all the way to Helheim. No sign of Loki."

     " Our uncle?" Magnus asked.

     " You know, Magnus," the god said," sometimes it's best not to look as far as you're able to look, or to listen to everything you're able to hear."

     I went around, making sure everyone was okay, before eventually joining Halfborn, Mallory, and T.J. in sitting in silence. Sam, Alex, and Magnus sat near the ravine, and Hearth and Blitz were having a conversation in sign language by one of the cave walls. None of us really did much for a little while.

     Halfborn and Mallory both sat around recovering from their ( minor) inguries ( neither of which were caused by the giants), every once and a while whispering something to one another. I leaned against T.J.'s shoulder and watched as he cleaned his bayonette.

     I only stunned back in to what was going on around me when I heard Thor speak.

     " Failed!?" He was talking to Sam." Nonsense, girl! You retrieved my hammer! You are heroes and will all receive trophies."

     Sam was silent for a moment before responding." I appreciate that, Lord Thor, but Loki never cared about the hammer. It was all a smokescreen to get himself freed."

     " Oh, don't you worry lass. We'll put Loki back in chains. And I promise you, he will care about this hammer when I ram it down his throat."

     None of us were reassured by his statement.

     " What is G-R-R-M, anyway?" Magnus asked.

     " It's pronounced grrm," Thor answered." An acronym for God Rapid Response Mobilization."

     " Rapid!?" Alex asked." Are you kidding me!? You guys took forever to get here!"

     " Now, now," Heimdall said." You were a moving target, weren't you? We got into the tunnel at Bridal Veil Falls just fine! But then the whole moving-to-Loki's-lair thing, that caught us off guard. We were sealed in at both ends with earth giant hardened stone. Digging after you, well, even with three gods, that was tough."

     Especially when one takes pictures and does not help. Vidar added.

     Neither of the other gods acknowledged what he'd just said.

     They never listen, do they? Hearth signed.

     I know, hearing people. Silly.

     " Excuse me," Magnus asked Vidar, signing along." Are you the god of shoes? Or healing? Or...?"

     The god simply signed something that looked unfamiliar to me, but was easy enough to translate.

     " You're the god of vengeance."

     " Oh, Vidar is our go-to guy for emergencies," Heimdall said." That shoe of his is made from every shoe scrap that has ever been thrown away! It can... well, you saw what it can do. Hey, do you think we can get a group show with everyone?"

     There was a collective," No."

     " Vidar is also called the silent one," Thor added." Which means he doesn't talk. He also doesn't take selfies constantly, which makes him good company."

     " Well that's fascinating, I'm sure," Mallory spoke up from beside me." But shouldn't you Aesir be doing something productive now, like, oh, finding Loki and tying him up again?"

     The girl is right, Vidar agreed. Time is wasting.

     " Listen to Vidar, girl," Thor said." Loki's capture can wait for another day. Right now we should be celebrating the return of my hammer!"

     That's not what I said.

     " Besides, I don't need to search for the scoundrel. I know where he's going."

     Most of us looked at him skeptically.

     " You do?" Magnus asked." Where?"

     " We'll talk about it back at Valhalla. Dinner is on me!"

A/N: Once again, nothing much to say. So as always, I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.