These Are Norse Names, Nothing's Pronounceable!

... You know, at this point I shouldn't even be surprised. I could imagine there were only so many places where Hearthstone and Blitzen could have vanished to, and it made sense that this was where they ended up.

     Unfortunately, Blitzen spotted us and began to yell the one name we really did not want yelled." Mag-"

     "-nifficent!" Magnus finished loudly, cutting our friend off." What beautiful specimens!"

     He raced into the kitchen, quickly followed by Sam and Alex.

     Amir watched the three of them, frowning." Daughters, see to our other guests!"

     Before any of us could retaliate, all nine giantesses were herding us away from the kitchen doors. They led us to a large table with nineteen chairs, nine on either side of the table with one at the end, before Aegir's daughters went about setting the table, placing down name plates, each seat alternating between one of us and one of the giantesses, with the seat at the head of the table reserved for Aegir.

     At one point the god walked past, and entered another door, before he emerged a few minutes later carrying a cask of what I assumed was mead before he called everyone over.

     " Guests!" he said loudly, which I assumed was to notify Magnus, Hearth, and Blitz, who were still in the kitchen ( Sam was praying next to our boat with Alex guarding her)." Come! Join us for mead and food!"

     All of us moved to take a seat. The seat between my brother and I was labeled 'Blodughadda', on the other side was an equally unpronounceable name, and across from me sat T.J. My name tag read 'Blonde Lady', Magnus's read 'Blond guy' which I guess meant our only distinctive trait as Chases was having blonde hair.

     Eventually, everyone was seated, and I decided to make conversation with Blodughadda and Kolga who had begun chatting with my brother.

     Unfortunately enough, I tuned into the conversation just as Kolga was saying," I hope we get to keep them, sister. They'd make fine tortured spirits," which is always an unsettling thing for a guest to hear their host say.

     Blodughadda laughed." Yes indeed! Perfect for our chandelier."

     " That's a nice offer," I spoke up." But I'm afraid we're going to have to pass, at least until a later date, and besides, most of us already belong to an afterlife."

     " Where are my manners?" the giantess between Magnus and I spoke." In your language, I am called Blood-Red Hair. My sister here is Freezing Wave. And you names are... Blond guy and Blond lady?"

     I shook my head." Oh, no, my name is Willow, it's nice to meet you... I suppose."

     " And you can call me Jimmy," Magnus said." In your language that's... Jimmy."

     I had to resist the urge to facepalm once again.

     'Blood-Red Hair' looked at my brother." There's something about you. Have you sailed over my bloodred waters in a naval battle before?"

     " Pretty sure not."

     " Perhaps my mother, Ran, described you to me," she continued." But why would she-?"

     " Guests!" Aegir called before Blodughadda could finish her statement." Here is my first microbrew of the evening. This is a peach lambie mead that makes a lovely aperitif. I welcome your comments after you try it. I think you'll find this has a fruity edge, with just a hint of-"

     " Magnus Chase!" Blodughadda suddenly yelled, pointing to my brother as she got to her feet." This is Magnus Chase!"

A/N: Once again, nothing new to report, so as always I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.