I Don't Know How No One's Tried To Kill Them Yet... Or Why.

" We claim guest rights!" Magnus immediately yelled, although that probably wouldn't stop him from dying." Utgard Loki, let our friends go!"

     The surrounding giants laughed.

     A giant near the bar yelled," What'd you say? Speak up!"

     " I said-!"

     Before Magnus could finish, the Bartender turned up the music again, drowning out my brother's voice.

     Magnus, Blitz, and Alex talked amounts each other for a moment, before Utgard Loki spoke to them again.

     " Magnus Chase! We've been expecting you!" The giant greeted." Your sister did say you'd be arriving a bit late. As for your friends, they're not captives. I was merely lifting them up so they could see that you've arrived! I'm sure they are delighted!"

     None of us were delighted.

     " Put them down," Magnus stated," if they're not really captives."

     " As you wish! We made them quite comfortable while we waited for you to arrive. Tiny mentioned that you would bring his bowling bag no later than this morning. I was beginning to think you wouldn't make it!"

     After Utgard Loki set us down, I quickly checked to make sure that I still had the Skofnung Stone and sword, before going back to glaring at the giant.

     " We've got the bag," my brother confirmed." No worries."

     " Right!" Blitzen spoke up, taking a step forward and raising a normal sized bowling bag into the air. Behold, Emptyleather! Soon to be famous among bowling bags. Completed by Blitzen of Freya. And Jack helped!"

     I facepalmed.

     A giant who I assumed was Tiny walked over and stared at the bag." What'd you do to my bag? Did you wash it on regular cycle? It's minuscule!"

     " Like you!" Another giant called.

     " Shut up Hugo!"

     " Not to fear," Blitz continued." I can return the bag to its normal size! But first, I want assurances from your king that we have guest rights- the three of us, and our three friends on the table."

     " Well Tiny, it seems like they did what you asked," Utgard Loki noted." They brought your bag."

     " But..."

     " Tiny."

     Tiny gritted his teeth." Yes, they have kept their part of their bargin. I vouch for them, in a very, very, small way."

     " There you have it! You are all officially guests in my bowling alley!" Utgard Loki declared, before turning to the other giants." My friends, if we entertain these guests in our present size, we'll get eye-strain trying to avoid stepping on them. We'll have to serve them food with tweezers and fill their tiny drinking glasses with eyedropper. That's no fun! Let's take this party down a few notches, eh?"

     Based on the general response, I got the feeling that the giants were more than okay of letting us get stepped on, or allowing us to starve or die of dehydration, but they followed their kings orders anyway.

     The room began spinning, shrinking from it's current size to one that seemed the right size for average humans. The giants all shrunk as well, most of them being about seven feet tall now.

     Sam, Hearth, and I ran over to join my brother and the others.

     You okay? Blitz asked the elf.