All The Nine Worlds Are Awful At This Point.

I have to say, no matter how many times I've experienced it, falling to your quite possible death is never a fun time. However, because I was so used to it, I just accepted the fall and let gravity take me. Then we fell through a cloud and everything changed. Instead of plummeting, we sort of just floated down towards the earth

     As soon as my feet touched the ground, I fell into the earth, which quickly became an instinct of mine whenever I was falling. When I came back to the surface, I looked around to see Hearth standing on the ground normally, and my brother hopping oddly across the grass.

     " You alright there Magnus?"

     He squinted at me, as if for whatever reason he were having trouble seeing, before Hearth handing him a pair of sunglasses. The elf then went over to me to offer another pair but I simply shook my head.

     " Thank's," Magnus said." Is it this bright all the time?"

     " Bright?" I asked.

     Always bright, Hearth replied. You get used to it.

     " What do you mean bright?"

     Magnus looked at me, the sunglasses now on." You mean you don't see it?"

     " It just seems like normal daylight to me," I stated, before thinking for a moment." Well, this probably means I've got another mostly useless power from our Dad. Frey was, or is, the god of Alfheim so I guess it makes sense... eh, no use thinking about it now."

     I turned to Hearth before signing, Do you know where in alfheim we are?

     Yeah, Magnus added. And if so, who lives here? President of Alfheim?

     Just a family, Hearth replied. The Makepieces.

     They must be important.

     Regular, middle class. Hearth shrugged. We should go, Makepieces don't like me.

     We started walking for a little while before Magnus decided to start another conversation in sign language, meaning we had to stop walking.

     Where are we going?

     Home. Hearth replied, not looking happy about the idea, and after what I'd heard about Hearth's past, I wouldn't be excited to return to that either.

     Your home? Magnus repeated. Where you grew up?

     I facepalmed.

     Skofnung Stone is at home, Hearth stated. With... Father.

     Why? Why would your father have the Skofnung Stone?

     Hearth didn't answer and instead looked behind us, back towards the Makepieces typical middle-class suburban mannor, already stopped at the side of the road ( don't ask me how we didn't notice) was a police car, next to which stood two elves.

     They both looked kind of weird, they didn't look much like Hearth, who up until this point was the only elf I'd ever met. Even though they had the same hair color and basic facial expressions as my friend, they were taller and thinner, more alien looking.

     " Can we help you?" The first one, Sunspot, according to his badge, asked. When Hearth didn't respond, he spoke again." I asked you a question pal. Is there a problem here?"

     Hearth shook his head, stepping backwards, before Magnus stopped him.

     " We're good," my brother said." Thanks officers."

     Sunspot stared at my brother before wrinkling his nose." Where'd you learn elvish, thick? That accent is horrible."

     " Thick?"

     " What do you bet Elvish isn't his first language?" Wallflower, the second cop, asked." Illegal husvaettr would be my guess."

     I placed a hand on my brother's shoulder to stop him from making an even bigger fool of himself." I'm sorry about my brother, the two of us aren't from around here and we aren't used to the customs, and our friend hasn't visited in a while either. We don't mean to cause any trouble, we're just trying to get somewhere and as we don't have a car or anything like that, we're walking there."

     " Yeah," Magnus spoke up, meaning this probably wasn't going to go well." We've been walking for maybe five minutes. We're heading to our friend's house. How is that loitering?"

     Careful. Hearth warned.

     " What was that?" Sunspot asked, referring to Hearth's signing." Some kind of gang sign? Speak Elvish."

     " He's deaf," Magnus explained.

     " Deaf? What kind of elf-"

     " Whoa partner," Sunspot interjected." Is that... that's gotta be... you know, Mr. Alderman's kid."

     Wildflower suddenly looked afraid." Mr. Hearthstone? Is that you?"

     Hearth nodded.

     " All right," Sunspot said, after cursing." All of you, in the car."

     " Whoah, why?" Magnus asked." If you're arresting us, I want to know the charges-"

     " We're not arresting you, thick. We're taking you to see Mr. Alderman."

     " After that, you won't be our problem anymore."

     And thus, Hearth, Magnus, and I all piled into the backseat and prepared to meet Hearthstone's father.

A/N: Alright, I can't think of anything to say today, so I'll just get to ending this authors note, and thus ending this chapter. I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.