Who Thought This Was A Good Idea

We raided a charity drop box after Blitz left, so that Magnus wouldn't be running around the Nine Worlds in his Hotel Valhalla Pajamas, and I got to find a white jacket in the pile.

     Magnus held up his sword." Hearth, what about this? I doubt the cops will like me or Will walking around with a three-foot blade, or a... lamp-post thing."

     Glamor. Mostly Turns into jewelry mainly, try attaching it to your belt or wrists or something.

     We both followed his directions, and I definitely got the better half of the stick with how Glamour chose to work for each of us. Magnus ended up with a weird chain loop thing. I got a watch that I assumed was both my sword and lamp-post thing ( I needed to find a better name for that), considering both disappeared when the watch appeared.

     " Great," Magnus said." Now my humiliation is complete."

     Still weapons. Mortals are not good at seeing magical things. Between Ice and Fire is Mist, G-i-n-n-u-n-g-a-g-a-p. Obscures appearances. Hard to explain in signs.

     " Okay." Magnus was silent for a minute, as he reread our obituary." Let's go pay our respects to us."

     We walked in silence for a while, however it was obvious that the silence wasn't due to a lack of things to talk about, but the fact that we couldn't talk to Hearth about anything going on, considering he couldn't respond. Sign Language wasn't easy while walking. After a few minutes, he suddenly pulled Magnus and I into the doorway of a nearby building.

     Gomez. Wait.

     Gomez, a cop who unfortunately would recognize Magnus, Hearth, Blitz, or I on sight, and he was not that friendly... also it'd be odd explaining to him why the news said we were dead ( and technically were).

     " What's it like where you're from?" I heard my brother ask our Elven friend.

     Alfheim not so different. I turned to see Hearth sign. Only brighter. No night.

     " Alfheim doesn't have nights?" I asked." At all? The sun doesn't even slightly go down under the Horizon?"

     No night. Hearth repeated. The first time I saw a sunset... He made the sign for scared.

     " That would be freaky," Magnus agreed." But don't elves have stuff humans would be scared of? Like... Alf Seidr?"

     He used the phrase I'd heard a few of the Einherjar muttering a lot yesterday, it was one of the Norse phrases I didn't know, only that Magnus had done something with it during yesterday's battle.

     Hearth seemed just as confused. How do you know that term?

     " Uh... yesterday on the battlefield, somebody said I did it." He then explained some weird thing he'd done where he knocked the weapons out of the hands of the nearby Einherjar." And when I healed Blitz's arm, or walked into that wall of flames on the Longfellow Bridge... I wondered if it was all the same kind of magic."

     Hearth thought for a second. Not sure. Alf Seidr can be many things, usually peaceful magic. Healing, Growing, Stopping violence. It cannot be learned. Not like rune magic. You have Alf Seidr in your blood, or you do not. You are a son of Frey. Maybe you have some of his abilities.

     " Frey is an elf?"

     " No," I quickly replied for Hearth." Do you remember nothing of what I told you about the Norse gods? Frey was the lord of Alfheim, he was sacred to Elves."