Well... At Least They Were Good Nachos

Junior arrived halfway through our nacho's and pretty much at the sight of this ancient dwarf I attempted to sink through my chair, through the floor, and out of Nidavellir, I didn't care which world was below us currently. That was just how intimidating Junior looked.

     Apparently, everyone else felt the same as I did, because at the sight of Junior, his walker, and the two bodyguards behind him, everyone else in the bar quickly fled the scene. Against, my common sense, Blitz, Magnus, and I stood to greet the old dwarf.

     " Junior, thank you for meeting with us."

     " Some nerve," the old dwarf snarled.

     " Would you like my seat? It is Keister-Home, made by-"

     " No, thanks," Junior interrupted the introduction." I'll stand, compliments of my walker, Granny Shuffler, famous among geriatric products, made by Nurse Bambi, my private assistant."

     " This is Magnus, son of Natalie, and Willow, daughter of Natalie."

     Before I could in any way say hello or ' It's nice to meet you, now please do not throw your walker at me' Junior scowled even more.

     " I know who the boy is. Found the Sword of Summer. You couldn't wait until after I died? I'm too old for this Ragnarok nonsense."

     " My bad," Magnus began, and I could already tell that this would not go well." I should have checked with you before we got attacked by Surt and sent to Valhalla."

     I facepalmed.

     Junior laughed." I like you, you're rude, let's see this blade then."

     Magnus drew the sword of summer for the old dwarf to look at.

     " That's Frey's blade, all right. Bad news."

     " Then perhaps," Blitzen offered." You'll be willing to help us?"

     " Help you? Your father was my nemesis! You besmirched my reputation! And now you want my help. You've got Iron Guys, Blitzen, I'll give you that."

     " This isn't about our family feud, Junior. This is about the rope, it's about securing Fenris Wolf."

     " Oh of course it is," Junior sneered." The fact that my father, Eitri Senior, was the only dwarf talented enough to make Gleipnir, and your father, Bili, spent his life questioning the quality of the rope- that has nothing to do with it."

     Blitz tightened his grip on the pouch of red gold." The Sword of Summer is right here. In just six Midgardian nights, Surt is planning to free the Wolf. We're going to do our best to stop him, but you know the rope Gleipnir is beyond its expiration date. We need information about the Wolf's bindings. More importantly, we need a replacement rope just in case. Only you have the talent to make one."

     Junior smiled slightly." Say that last part again."

     " You're talented, you crusty old-" Blitz stopped himself from going any further on that rant." Only you have the skill to make a new rope."

     " True, it so happens I have a replacement rope already made. Not because of any problems with Gleipnir, mind you, or because of any of your family's scandalous accusations about its quality- just because I like to be prepared. Unlike your father, I might add, going off alone to check on Fenris Wolf like an idiot and getting himself killed."

     Both Magnus and I had to stop Blitz from attacking.

     I put my hands together and gave a smile that felt the same as what you would do if you were talking to a group of Kindergarteners who were starting to get on your nerves.