Why Did No One Say We Were Leaving Until Right Before We Were Leaving?

Alex was the first hallmate to arrive after Magnus and I, and also, as far as I could tell, the first hallmate to skip their first breakfast at the hotel ( and breakfast was not something you'd want to skip, considering lunch was always done to the death).

     " She's probably asleep," T.J. said after he and I both explained our individual attempts to get our new hallmate out of her room." She had a big first day."

     " Unless she's that mosquito right there," Halfborn speculated." That you Fierro?"

     There was no response from the mosquito.

     " Right," Magnus said after a moment." So we're going to be leaving in just a little bit so breakfast may have to be cut short-"

     " We?" I asked." Who's we?"

     " And where to?" Mallory added.

     " Oh, right, Willow, Sam, and I are going to be going to find Blitz and Hearth."

     I blinked."... You don't think you could have told me this at least a little while before we were supposed to leave?"

     He just stared at me blankly for a few moments, before I sighed and stood up.

     " I'll go pack my things... I guess at least it's not Ragnarok."

     After I'd finished packing supplies into my backpack, I met up with Magnus in the hall and the two of us headed all the way up to floor 423 where all three of us got onto one of the horses kept in those stables ( this one without eight legs) and headed into the air.

     " How much further?" Magnus asked after a while of flying.

     " Not long now, hang on."

     Then we plummeted through the air, falling quickly through the clouds, before going back to not feeling like we were about to die as we continued to head toward Cape Cod.

     " Just scouting," Sam explained as we flew over building after building.

     " Making sure an army of giants isn't hiding behind Mooncusser tattoo shop?"

     " Or sea trolls, or wights or my father or-"

     " Yeah, I get the idea."

     We then changed direction, heading for a tower on a hill, once we got close I nodded to the other two before falling backward off the horse, diving towards the earth head first before sinking into the ground and popping up a little ways away, before beginning my search for Hearth and Blitz on the ground, as Sam and Magnus looked from up in the air.

     Unfortunately, by ground was apparently the worse of the two ways to search, considering I only found my dwarven and elven friends when I noticed a white horse land a little ways away from them. I reached the others just in time to see Hearth sign Yay!

     " It's good to see you both!" I smiled at them." Although I can't imagine this is under the best of circumstances."

     Magnus gave Hearth a hug." You guys! You look exactly like when I saw you in the bathroom!"

     We all stared at him blankly, before he realized his mistake and explained why it wasn't actually as weird as it sounded at first.

     " Yeah," Blitz replied." The capo loves to show up in the bathtub. Almost scared me out of my chain mail pajamas one night."

     " That's an image I did not need. Also, we have to have a talk about communication. You guys just disappeared on me without a word."

     I raised an eyebrow." Magnus, as a reminder, you're the one who neglected to tell me we were leaving until the last minute."

     " Yeah, in hindsight, it wasn't my smartest decision."

     " Very few of your decisions are smart Magnus."

     " Hey," Blitz interrupted our minor argument." Kid, it was his idea," he gestured towards Hearth.

     To save you, dummy. Tell Magnus and Willow.

     " The elf is overreacting, as usual," Blitz told us." He got me all terrified and hustled me out of town. But I've calmed down now, it was just a little death prophecy."

     " Blitzen," Sam spoke up, turning away from her horse to look at the dwarf." You understand there's no such thing as a little death prophecy, right?"

     " I'm fine! A few weeks ago, Hearthstone got back from his one-on-one ruin class with Odin. He was all excited to read my future, so he cast the ruins and... well... they didn't come out so good."

     Not so good!? Hearth asked. Blitzen. Bloodshed. Cannot be stopped. Before O-S-T-A-R-A.

     " Right," Blitz began." That's what he read in the ruins, but-"

     " What's Ostara?" Magnus interrupted.

     " The first day of spring," Sam explained." Which is in, ah, four days."

     " The same day as your supposed wedding."

     " Believe me," the girl replied." It wasn't my idea."

     " I think we're getting off-topic here," I spoke up, turning to Hearth." Blitz's supposed to die within three days?"

     The elf nodded. He shouldn't be here.

     " I agree," Magnus added." It's too dangerous."

     " Guys!" Blitz attempted a laugh." Look, Hearthstone is new at reading the future. Maybe he misinterpreted! Bloodshed might actually be toolshed. A toolshed that cannot be stopped. That would be a good omen."

     Hearth looked extremely agitated.

     " Besides," the dwarf added." If there's a tomb here, it'll be underground. You need a dwarf."

     " Blitz is right," Sam eventually said, signing as she spoke." This is too important. I wouldn't ask you otherwise." We have to find Thor's hammer before the first of spring, or entire worlds will be destroyed. Or... I'll have to marry a giant."

     Another way. Hearth insisted. Must be one. Don't even know hammer is here.

     " Buddy, I know you're worried but it's fine," Blitz said, taking Hearth's hands ( and shutting him up in the process, quite literally)." I know you're worried, but it'll be fine. Besides, as much as I love this elf, I'm going crazy in that safe house. I'd rather die out here, being useful to my friends, than keep on watching TV and eating delivery pizza and waiting for Mimir's head to pop up in the bathtub. Also, Hearthstone snores like you wouldn't believe."

     Hearth took his hands back. You're not signing, but I can read lips, remember?

     " Hearth, please."

     If anything happens to him...

     I take responsibility. Sam mouthed, a determined look on her face.

     " I can read lips too," Blitz stated." And I take responsibility for myself. Now, let's find the entrance to this barrow, eh? It's been months since I unearthed a malicious undead power."

A/N: Hah! I'm on a roll with these chapters, which probably means that I won't update a chapter on a random day soon because my brain refused to concentrate on writing. I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.