This Seems Slightly Unfair... In Hearth's Favor

Apparently, from what I'd heard about Jack and what I'd seen of him, he randomly liked giving Magnus training lessons by basically acting like a normal inanimate object and making Magnus do all the work. And for whatever reason, he decided to do that right now, just as a battle was starting.

     " No time like the present!"

     " Come on man!" Magnus yelled." Let's practice later, on mannequins or something!"

     " Dodge left!" The sword yelled." Your other left! Make me proud señor, the Skofnung blade is watching!"

     Surprisingly, quite a few of us actually managed to fight off the hord of draugr without failing miserably... not counting Magnus. Sam managed to destroy Arvid quite easily by disintegrating his face with her spear. I chopped off one of the zombie's arms ( he insisted he was okay when I asked). Blitz deflected a blade with one of his chain-mail vests ( and got his hand stuck in the draugr's stomach a moment later). And Hearth pulled out another rune, this one looking like an odd N.

     As soon as the runestone began to work it's magic, Hearth began to glow ( kind of copying Magnus and I) before growing taller and beginning to look more muscular. Then he picked up a nearby draugr and tossing it across the tomb and pretty much broke another zombie clean in half.

     " What rune was that?" My brother asked as he accidentally destroyed Gellir's coffin.

     " Uruz," Blitzen answered for the elf." The rune of the ox."

     I hit another draugr with my blade." Well, it seems to do the job. Keep up the good work Hearth!"

     " Parry, Magnus!" Jack instructed." Duck! Defense Pattern Omega!"

     Apparently, the prince decided that using a sheathed sword was better in battle than not being able to use a sword at all, because he ran up to Magnus, hitting him on the head with the sheathed blade, and yelling," Bad Mortal! Bad Mortal!"

     As my brother was dealing with that, the rest of us took down Gellir's bodyguards, until he was the only remaining Draugr.

     " Hold on," he said, backing up." Point of order, I move that we table all further combat until-"

     Hearth raced forward and killed him, tearing the prince's head off and stomping on his corpse, before moving to stomp on the prince's sword next.

     " Stop him!" Jack demanded.

     Magnus grabbed the elf's arm, before signing, He's dead. You can stop now.

     Sam jabbed her spear into the corpse." I'm sorry guys. All that risk, all that risk, and no Mjolnir."

     " Hey, it's cool!" Jack assured her." We rescued the Skofnung Sword from her evil master! She's going to be so grateful. We have to take her with us!"

     " Taking that sword would be a very bad idea," Blitzen disagreed.

     " Why? And why did Hearth look so freaked out when he heard its name? You said something about a stone?"

     " Kid, whoever sent us here... it was a trap alright," Blitz said, cradling Hearth's head." But the draugr were the least dangerous things in this chamber. Somebody wanted us to free that sword."

     " You're absolutely right."

     We all turned in shock, looking back at Gellir's sarcophagus, in front of which stood Uncle Randolph and a man I assumed was Loki, and behind them stood a portal of some sort leading right into our uncle's study.

     " Good job finding the bride price, Magnus," Loki said with a grin." The sword is perfect."

A/N: Wow, the main antagonist of the story has finally made their appearance to someone who isn't Magnus or Loki's own kids. Honestly, I just realized writing those last few sentences that Willow never interacted with Loki before that point, meaning neither had Blitz or Hearth. I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.