Magical Alternate Dimension Hotel Rooms.

Well... this is honestly better than I was expecting."

     After Hunding had left, I'd held up my 'key' runestone to the door, and when it swung open, I was honestly impressed. I'd expected my room to look like the rest of Valhalla, spears, dark colors, animal furs... you know, Viking stuff. That wasn't what it looked like in the slightest.

     The door opened onto a semi-long rectangular room, with white walls, and reddish-brown wood flooring and ceiling beams. The only furniture was a table a few feet in front of the door, with a plant, bowl of Halloween candy, and a book labeled' Guest Sevices', and a bookshelf, both of which were made of a greyish shade of wood.

     There were two doors in the room, and two doorways, on either side of which was a tall plant. On the wall to the left of the door I'd entered through, across from the bookshelf, was a set of french doors, opening onto what appeared to be a patio, which, when I went onto it, I noticed had some sort of magical barrier stopping me from jumping over the railing. Back in the main room, in between the two doorways, was a circular garden sort of area, surrounded by a marble bench, with three tall silver birch trees, reaching up to a glass dome, past the mezzanine that barely peeked out behind the trees.

     The entryway alone was bigger than most hotel rooms, but, to my surprise, there were more rooms. Through the doorway to the left of the tree... area... thing... was what looked like a living room, same wall colors, wood tones, ceiling beams, with a grey L shaped couch and two big white armchairs on either side of a fireplace, there was another bookshelf and a coffee table, which were both the same wood tone as what was in the entry room. The entire area was on a white rug, and was filled with green pillows and plants. In the same room, to the left ( oddly enough, where the patio from the first room was supposed to be) was a kitchen, with upper cabinets the same wood tone as everything else, lower cabinets in a light blue tone, and white counters ( plus more plants) but the biggest thing to me ( apart from all the windows on the wall opposite the fireplace) was a dnd table, one of the fancy ones, with seating for eight that I suppose acted as a dining table as well, and on the wall next to the table, were drawing of all the dnd characters I'd made, whether as a player or a dungeon master.

     Through the other doorway in the main room, was a two-story library that also had the stairs leading to the mezzanine, as well as another comfortable-looking armchair, an architect's desk for my drawings, and a piano. There was another door in the room, a set of clear french doors that led to a room that looked like it was supposed to be a gym, with a punching bag, set of weights, treadmill, rowing machine, bench press, and something that looked like the same high jump set up we had in Middle School.

     Up the stairs was at first a wall of photos, and as soon as I clearly saw the first one, I nearly started to cry, they were almost all pictures of hikes Magnus and I had gone on with our mom. Past the wall was the area I'd seen from the entryway, what I assumed was my bedroom, with a four-poster bed, pair of bedside tables, floor-length mirror, bookshelf ( again), and a desk for writing. Unlike my brother, I'd actually liked a lot of stuff in my room growing up, and the bed had something I'd always dreamed about, a platform, just a bit higher than the rest of the ground, a weird dream, yes, but it always sounded so cool.

     There were two doors on either side of the room, one, when I opened it, was a closet, which was filled with green clothing and jeans, which, if I had a choice, would've been my go-to outfit, instead of one outfit that didn't even really fit me. The other door led to a bathroom, with green cabinets, white countertops, a large shower, a separate room for a toilet, and really cool bathtub... and for whatever reason, a sauna... because for whatever reason Vikings liked saunas.