I Would Like To Now Make It Official... I Hate Giants.

I was definitally not excited. While I'd never been much into TV shows outside the Fantasy/ Sci-fi genres, I recognized our surroundings easily enough. The Bar from cheers, or, more specifically, the Bull & Finch Pub that I'd seen a lot when Magnus and I were homeless.

     As we entered, all the giants turned towards us and raised their glasses, in unison calling," Samirah!"

     " At last!" Our attention turned to a giant who I assumed was Thrym." My queen has arrived! We can begin the festivities!"

     " Brother," Thynga spoke." You haven't even gotten changed yet! And why is this place so filthy!? I told you to clean up while I was gone!"

     " What do you mean?" Thrym asked his sister." We did clean up. We put on ties!"

     " Ties!" The giants chorused.

     Thrynga picked up a barstool and hit a nearby giant with it, knocking him out." You worthless scoundrels! Turn off the television! Clean that counter! Sweep that floor! Wipe your faces!" She turned towards us." Sorry about these idiots I'll get them ready in no time."

     " Yeah, it's fine," Magnus said." Actually- restrooms?"

     " Right down the hall there. Leave the chariot, I'll make sure no one eats your goats."

     " I'm confused," Alex said once we were out of earshot." Why cheers?"

     " A lot of elements bleed through from Boston to the other worlds," Sam explained.

     " Like Nidavellir looks like Southie," Magnus offered." And Alfheim looks like Wellesley."

     " Yeah, but I have to get married in Cheers?"

     I gave her a sympathetic look." Unfortunately, it appears so."

     " Talk later," Magnus decided." Pee now."

     " Yep," the rest of us responded, and we split our paths.

     Ages later, we returned to the same place where we'd been speaking earlier.

     " You think our friends made it inside?"

     " I hope so," Alex answered." I'm so nervous, I-"

     She didn't manage to finish the sentence. While I couldn't see any difference, I assumed she'd turned into another animal.

     " It's okay," Sam said, patting her sister on the shoulder, looking at Magnus." Alex turned into a gorilla in the bathroom. She'll be fine."

     " She what!?"

     " It happens," Samirah explained calmly." With shapeshifters, if you get nervous and lose focus-"

     " I'm better," Alex said." I think I'm back to human now. Wait... yeah, all good."

     " Alex," Magnus started." If you accidentally change shape while you're out there among the giants-"

     " I won't."

     " Just keep silent," Sam said." You're supposed to be the shy blushing bride. I'll do the talking. Follow my lead. We'll stall as long as possible, hopefully give Th- our friends enough time to get into position."

     Magnus seemed to be wondering the same thing I was." But where's Loki? And Willow and my's uncle?"

     " Not sure, but we have to keep our eyes peeled. Once we see the ham-"