That Could've Gone Better... And So Could Everything Else.

That was the moment I understood the definition of bad timing. Out of all the times Geirrod could've returned home, it had to be the instant after we killed two of his daughters.

     Magnus, Sam, and I exchanged worried looks before suddenly Blitz, Hearth, and Gunilla ( still in swan form) parachuted down onto our chair.

     " How?" Magnus asked our dwarven friend."

     " Why do you look so amazed? You distracted those giantesses long enough. I'd be a poor dwarf indeed if I couldn't rig a grappling hook, shoot a line from the window to the window to the birdcage, shimmy across, free the swan, and use my emergency parachute to get down here."

     " You've had an emergency parachute this entire time?" Sam asked.

     " Don't be silly, dwarves always carry emergency parachutes. Don't you?"

     " Come to think of it, no."

     " We'll talk about this later," Magnus said." Right now-"

     " Girls?" Geirrod spoke from the other room." Wh-where are you?"

     " Come on guys, options. Sam, can you and Gunilla camouflage us?"

     Sam shook her head." My hijab can only cover two people. And Gunilla... the fact that she's still a swan might indicate she's too weak to change back to normal."

     Gunilla honked.

     " I'll take that as a yes. It could be a few hours."

     " Which we don't have," Magnus said, pretty much repeating what Sam had said a minute earlier." Runestones?"

     No strength. Hearth signed.

     " Willow, can you heal my leg?"

     I quickly shook my head." You're the healing guy, the most I gained from our dad was the ability to be a flashlight, and good leadership skills."

     " Great... Jack! Where's Jack?"

     " Dude, what!?" Jack yelled from up on the table." I'm washing off in this goblet. Give a guy some privacy, huh?"

     " Magnus," Sam spoke up." You can't ask him to kill three giants in a row. That much effort will kill you."

     " Girls!" Geirrod yelled again." Gjalp? Griep? I swear, if you're texting those frost giant boys again, I will wring your necks!"

     " The floor," Magnus declared." Get me to the floor!"

     Blitz quickly picked up my brother." Hang on!"

     The dwarf leaped off the chair and parachuted to safety as Sam, Hearth, and I ( as well as swan Gunilla) used the chair leg as a fire pole.

     " Blitzen, carry me under that door!" Magnus ordered." We have to intercept Geirrod."

     " Excuse me?"

     " You're strong! You're already holding me. Hurry!"

     It took about five or ten minutes to get under that one door with Blitz carrying my brother and Hearth carrying the swan.

     " Alright Willow, your turn to talk again."

     I glared at my brother before speaking up." Exuse me sir! We claim guest rights!"

     Geirrod ( at least that's who I assumed it was) frowned." If you're guests... why have you got my swan? And where are my daughters?"

     Sam gave a forced laugh." Oh, those crazy girls? We were bartering with them for your swan."

     " Yeah, right now they're on the floor in the other room. They don't look so good."

     For what ever reason, this seemed to relax Geirrod." Well then, as long as they weren't entertaining those frost giant boys again."

     " Nope, just us."

     Blitz grunted from carrying my brother." Heavy."

     " Oh, Great Geirrod!" Sam spoke up." We actually came here to bargin for Thor's weapon. Your daughters told us you have it."

     Geirrod glanced to a door down the hall, one actually our size.

     " And the weapon is behind that door," Magnus assumed.

     " What sorcery is this!?" Geirrod looked shocked that he'd figured it out." How did you know that!?"

     " Sir," I spoke up again." We wish to bargin for the freedom of this swan, and for that weapon."

     " Hah!" Geirrod replied." I don't need anything you could offer. But perhaps you could earn the weapon and the golden goose."

     " The swan."

     " Whatever."

     " Heavy," Blitz muttered." Very heavy."

     " What did you have in mind?" Magnus asked the giant, ignoring Blitzen's comments.

     " Entertain me! Join me in a game!"

     " Like... Words with friends?"

     " Bingo?" I countered." Bingo's almost always nice and fun... unless it's blackout bingo."

     " What? No! Like catch! I only have daughters, they never want to play catch with me. I like playing catch! Play catch with me!"

     Magnus turned to Sam." I think he wants to play catch."

     " Bad idea."

     " Survive ten minutes!" Geirrod declared." That's all I ask! Then I'll be happy."

     " Survive? A game of catch?"

     " Good! So you agree!"

     I quickly shook my head." No, that's not what we-"

     Geirrod picked up a huge hot piece of coal." Go long!"

A/N: Alright, only 15 ( give or take) more chapters for me to write, there are about two more in the book, but Willow won't be in either of those so instead of those two chapters I'll make my own... so 16 more chapters. I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.