Honestly, She's Probably Our Best Choice.

That shut us all up. As soon as Alex made the announcement, we all turned to her, mouths agape.

     " What?" The green-haired girl asked." Sam and I discussed it. She vowed to Amir that she wouldn't even fake marry this giant, right? The charade doesn't bother me at all. I'll dress up, say the vows, kill my new husband, whatever. Sam and I are close to the same size. We're both children of Loki. She can pose as my maid of honor. It's our best option."

     Magnus turned towards the valkyrie in question." That's what you and Alex have been talking about?"

     " Alex thinks she can resist Loki," Samirah answered."... Unlike what happened to me in Provincetown."

     Almost all of us understood what she meant by that. The incident where Loki told his daughter to stop breathing for a while.

     My brother looked towards the person who was possibly going to be the replacement bride." Alex, are you sure? I mean, have you ever tried to resist Loki before?"

     A glare appeared on her face." What is that supposed to mean?"

     " No, I just-"

     " The larger point," Thor interrupted." Is that you're not even a proper girl! You're an argr!"

     " I'm a child of Loki," Alex replied, somehow without even attempting to kill the god." That's what Thrym is expecting. Like my parent, I'm gender fluid. And when I'm female, I am female. I can definitely pull of a lace appliqué wedding gown better than you!"

     " Well there's no need to be mean about it," Thor huffed.

     " Besides," The green-haired girl continued." I will not let Loki control me. I never have. I never will. I also don't see anyone else volunteering for this suicidal bridal mission."

     Otis stepped forward." Well, if you need a volunteer to die, I suppose I can do it. I've always loved weddings-"

     " Shut up dummy," Marvin stated." You're a goat!"

     Thor picked up his staff, before beginning to flick through different TV channels." Well, I still don't trust an argr to do this job-"

     " A gender fluid person," Alex Fierro interrupted.

     " A gender... whatever you said. But I suppose, respect wise, you have the least to lose."

     " I can see now why Loki loves you so much," Alex said through gritted teeth.

     " Guys," Magnus intergected." We have other problems to discuss and not much time. Thrym is expecting his bride to arrive tomorrow."

" It's decided then," Alex stated." I get to marry the big ugly guy."

Yes, you marry him, Hearth agreed. Many happy years and fine children.

     " I can see I'm going to have to learn sign language," the green haired girl decided." In the meantime, I will assume you said ' Yes, Alex. Thank you, Alex, for being so brave and heroic'."

     Close enough.

     I turned my attention to our next problem." Now that we've figured that whole problem out, there's still one big thing standing in our way. How are we supposed to sneak Thor into this wedding that probably has dozens of security measures stopping him from being there, and if he's not there, then how are we supposed to get the hammer?"