I'm Probably Never Going To Talk To My Grandfather Again After This

You know, I'm not sure whether I prefer plummeting through the sky, or being shot up from the depths of the ocean. Generally falling to your death seems like the worse of the two, but as someone who just experienced the latter, I wasn't so sure now.

     Once our lives were no longer in danger and the ship wasn't threatening to tilt, the sail unfurled by itself and the oars began pushing through the water without anyone's help.

     " The ship... is self driving," Magnus said in realization.

     " Well, yes, Magnus," Njord said, appearing out of thin air for the second time in the last ten minutes." Of course the ship is self driving. Were you trying to row it the old-fashioned way?"

     Magnus avoided all our glares." Um... maybe."

     " Magnus?" Alex asked." Aren't you going to introduce us to your friend?"

     " Right, everybody, this is Frey-dad- I mean Njord."

     " Might have known," Blitzen scoweled ( although he probably should have known when Blodughadda referred to him as Njord).

     " Njord?" Halfborn asked, eyes widened." God of ships? The Njord?"

     Then he threw up over the edge.

     T.J. took a step forward." Halfborn wasn't making an editorial comment, great Njord. We appreciate your help! He just has a head injury."

     " That's perfectly fine. You all should get some rest. I did what I could to ease your decompression sickness, but you're going to feel bad for a day or two. Also, you have blood trickling from your nose. Oh, and coming out of your ears."

     Somehow, none of us had noticed that up until how. I nodded my thanks as T.J. handed me a handkerchief.

     " So, Njord," Mallory spoke up, wiping her nose." Befoer we rest, are you sure those nine giantesses aren't going to pop up again any minute and, you know, destroy us?"

     " No, no," the god replied." You're under my protection and safe for the present! Now perhaps you would give me some time to talk with my grandson?"

     Magnus glanced towards me, looking like he was asking 'how do you feel about that?'

     I shrugged." That's fine with me, I should probably check bellow deck anyways to find any tissues or something of that sort to help with the bloody noses."

     " Magnus," Sam looked towards my brother." Down in the feast hall, do you realize what you agreed to? Do you have any idea-?"

" My dear," Njord interrupted." Perhas you'd let me discuss that with him? Dawn is coming, shouldn't you ear your suhur meal?"

Sam looked in the direction the sun would rise from." I suppose you're right, though I don't feel much like it. Anybody want to join me?"

" Sam," T.J. said," when it comes to eating, I always have your back. Let's go below and see if the galley is still in one piece, besides, there should be some paper towels down there which should work well enough as handkerchiefs. Anybody else going to come down too?"

     " Yep," Mallory responded." We'll give Magnus some time with his grandfather."

     With that, nearly all of us proceeded below deck, however, it appeared that Blitzen and Hearthstone had stayed with Magnus.

A/N: Once again, sorry for the short chapter, other than that I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.