What Have We Signed Ourselves Up For?

That could definitally have gone better.

     " Magnus Chase!?" Aegir yelled." What is this deception!?"

     Our group stayed still, none of us daring to move and start a battle.

     " Lord Aegir," I spoke up." We do not wish to cause any trouble here, and you did give us guest rights. While my brother can be a complete idiot at times, we still have not broken those rules."

     " You lied to me. You said none of you were Magnus Chase."

     " You're going to break your cask," Magnus pointed out.

     Aegir shifted his grip, before going back to yelling at us." Guest rights do not apply! I granted you a place at my table under false pretences!"

     " I never actually said I wasn't Magnus Chase. Besides, your daughters also brought us here because we mentioned mead."

     " And because you have an ugly yellow ship," Kolga added.

     " Right, but also mead," Magnus said." We're here to talk about mead!"

     " We are?"

     The only thing saving Halfborn from getting hit was the giantess in between him and Mallory Keen.

     " Of course we are, you oaf!" The redhead glared at him.

     " So you see," my brother continued." That wasn't a false pretense. That pretense was completely true!"

     " What exactly do you have to say about mead?" Aegir asked.

     " I'm glad you asked!" Magnus didn't say anything besides that.

     Thankfully, Sam came to his rescue." We will explain! But stories are better told over dinner, with good mead, are they not?"

     " An aperitif, with a fruity edge," the god recalled.

     " Exactly! So let's break our fast together. If you are not completely satisfied with our explanations at the end of the dinner, then you can kill us."

     " He can?" T.J. asked, thinking the same thing the rest of us were." I mean... sure. He can."

     " I don't know..." Aegir said after a moment." My wife said to kill you if I ever saw you. I was to drown you slowly, revive you, then drown you again."

     " Great lord," Blitzen spoke up." Did you ever swear a formal oath to kill Magnus Chase?"

     " Well, no. But when my wife asks-"

     " You have to consider her wishes, of course," Blitzen quickly agreed." But you also have to weigh that against guest rights, eh? And how can you be sure what to do before you've given us time to tell our whole story?"

     One giantess lept to her feet." Let me kill them, father! I will grasp them until they scream!"

     " Silence, Grasping Wave," Aegir said.

     " Let me do the honors!" A different daughter yelled, tossing her plate onto the ground." I will pitch them into Jormungand's mouth!"

     " Hold, Pitching Wave. The dwarf has a point. This is a quandry..." the god thought about it for a minute, stroking his mead cask, before eventually speaking again." It would be a shame to waste all this good mead. We will eat and drink together. You will tell me your story, paying special attention to how it relates to mead." He gestured for his daughters to take a seat as he continued." But I warn you, Magnus Chase, if I decide to kill you, my vengeance shall be terrible. I am a jotun deity, a primordial force! Like my brothers Fire and Air, I, the Sea, am a ragin power that can not be contained!"