We Really Shouldn't Have Let Magnus Do This.

A little ways away from where we were fighting stood a man who looked absolutely ancient.

     " Who called for a challenge?"

     " I did," my brother's voice came from elsewhere in the crowd." A flyting against Loki. Unless he is to scared to face me."

     An "oooh" went through the crowd at this.

     " Oh please," Loki retorted, and as I moved forward I managed to see the back of the 'god's' head." You can't bait me, Magnus Chase. Hrym, we don't have time for this. The ice has melted. The way is clear. Smash these trespassers and let's sail!"

     " Now wait a minute," Hrym interjected." This is my ship! I am the captain."

     The god sighed." My dear friend, we've been through this. We share command of Naglafar."

     " Your troops, my ship," Hrym corrected." And when we are in disagreement, all ties must be broken by Surt."

     I took a step back at the name as T.J. put a comforting arm around my shoulders.

     " Surt!?" My brother repeated." Is... uhh... Surt here too?"

     " A fire giant in Niflheim!?" Loki asked with a laugh." Not likely. You see, my dense young einherji, Surt technically owns this ship, but that's just because Naglafar is registered in Muspellheim. More favorable tax laws."

     " That's not the point," Hrym stated." Since surt is not here, final command is mine!"

     " No, final command is ours," Loki said." And I say our troops need to get moving."

     " And I say a properly issued challenge must be accepted! Those are standard rules of engagement. Unless you are too cowardly, as the boy claims."

     " Cowardly?" The god laughed again." Of facing a child like this? Oh, please. He's nothing!"

     " Well then," Magnus spoke up." Show us your silver tongue, unless that got burned along with the rest of your face."

     " Ooooh!" The crowd of giants and draugr said again.

     I nodded in approval at my brother's not-half-bad choice of words.

     Loki stared up at the sky." Father Farbauti, Mother Laufey, why me? My talents are wasted on this audience!"

     Hrym turned to where I imagined my brother stood." Will you and your allies abide by a cease-fire until the flyting is done?"

     " Magnus is our flyter, not our leader," I heard Alex say." If you're looking for someone to make an agreement like that with, you need to talk to his sister."

     I pushed past a few giants that were in my way and made my way to my brother, T.J. following closely behind me.

     " Captain Hrym, correct?" I asked, and a few nearby giants quickly moved away from me, which was the most intimidating I'd ever felt." We will agree to your terms, so long as your crew agrees to the cease-fire as well."

     " You'll even cease the barrage ducks?"

     I glanced at my brother, before looking back at Hrym." I suppose that can be arranged."

     " Then it is agreed!" He turned to the god." Loki, you have been challenged! By ancient custom, you must accept."

     Loki seemed very annoyed by this, but eventually agreed." Very well. I will insult Magnus Chase into the deck boards and smear his remains under my shoe. Then we will sail! Samirah, dear, hold my hat."