We Abandon My Brother... Kind Of

For my first time on skis in a long while, it wasn't that bad. With that in mind, the only reason I hadn't already died was probably because the skis were magic, and even with that added dose of magic, T.J. was still stuck gripping onto my right hand to stop himself from falling. Had these skis actually been people, I would have suggested that Skadi should give them a raise for having to deal with the incompetence of our group.

     Once we'd finally made it down the mountain, the skis threw us off and into the snow before speeding back to Thunder Home.

     " So much for an exit strategy," Alex said, before glancing to my brother." You'd better start feeling poetic soon, Chase, 'cause you're out of time."

     Magnus glanced over the ridge we were all huddled by to see what she meant. Not even a mile away, the great ship Naglafar sat in the ice, just waiting for the instant it could leave and set off Ragnarok.

     My brother stared at it for a while, before finally speaking." I'm ready. How do we find Loki without getting killed?"

     " Frontal charge?" T.J. offered.

     " Uh-"

     " I'm kidding. Clearly, this calls for diversionary tactics. Most of us should find a way to the front of the vessel and attack. We cause a disturbance, draw as many of those baddies as we can away from the gangplank, give Magnus a chance to get aboard and challenge Loki."

     " Wait a second-" Magnus began, before getting interrupted by Mallory Keen.

     " I agree with Union Boy."

     " Yep," Halfborn said." Battle-Ax is thirsty for Jotun blood!"

     " Hold on a second," my brother interjected." That's suicide!"

     I sighed." No, it's not. All eight of us have already agreed on this plan, and we've got it all set up. It may not be optimal, but it's the best we can do given the situation."

     Blitz lifted the bag he'd brought with him from our boat." Don't worry, I've got surprises in store for those undead warriors. You sneak up the aft gangway, find Loki, and demand a duel. Then the fighting should stop. We'll be fine."

     " Yeah!" the berserker agreed." Then we'll come watch you beat that meinfretr at insults."

     " And I'll throw a walnut at him," Mack said." Give us thirty minutes or so to get in position. Sam, Alex, take good care of our boy."

     " We will," Sam promised.

     Magnus still seemed very unhappy with this agreement." Guys-"

     Time is wasting. Hearthstone signed, before pulling the rune Othala from his pocket. Here. For you.

     " Thanks," Magnus said," but... why this particular rune?"

     Does not just mean inheritance. Othala symbolizes aid on a journey. Use it once we are gone. It should protect you.

     " How?"

     The elf shrugged. Don't ask me. I'm just the sorcerer.

     " Alright then," T.J. said." Alex, Sam, Magnus- We'll see you on that ship."

     With that, the six of us began making our way through the snow towards Naglafar, hoping that our plan for a distraction would be enough to get my brother anywhere near Loki.

A/N: Again, sorry for the short chapter, but due to story reasons there wasn't really much I could do about it. I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.