Of Course, Magnus Chose The Worse Time To Take A Nap

Everyone except for Magnus ran around in a panic trying to keep the boat in one peace. My brother, on the other hand, just stood on the deck doing nothing.

     " Don't just stand there!" Mallory yelled." Help!"

     Magnus apparently had been talking lessons from Utgard Loki on the definition of 'help', as he began running around yelling," I'm helping! I'm helping!"

     He was most certainly not helping.

     " Magnus, hold that line," T.J. yelled as he rushed towards the prow.

     I worked on tossing everything ( with very little care at this point) bellow deck, but not quite fast enough, as before I got even half the supplies to safety, we fell down a waterfall. Next thing I knew, I turned around and Magnus was unconscious on the ground.

     Halfborn picked him up, placing him on one of the benches as we all finished the tasks we'd assigned ourselves, before deciding to attempt to wake my brother up before we had another chance to die.

     Halfborn shook his shoulder." Magnus! Snap out of it man! Grab an oar!"

     Magnus looked ahead towards the drop we were approaching and gulped." Is that another waterfall?"

     " One that'll send us straight into Ginnungagap and kill us, yeah," Mallory said, taking a seat next to my brother." You feel like rowing now?"

     Apparently we did. T.J. and I sat in the row in front of Magnus and Mallory, with Halfborn in the row in front of us, before all five of us began to row, finally managing to make it away from the drop and into the Boston Harbor.

     " See?" T.J. grinned next to me." That wasn't so bad!"

     " Sure, except for almost falling off the edge of the world and being vaporized," Mallory said.

     I slumped against T.J.'s shoulder." I don't think I ever want to exit through Valhalla through that rout ever again."

     " I feel like I've just carried an elephant up Bunker Hill, but good job all..." Halfborn agreed, before looking back at my brother." Magnus, what is it?"

     Magnus stared down at his hands." I had a little vision, give me a sec."

     We all new it wasn't 'little'.

     " Gunderson," Mallory addressed her ex." Why don't you take the rudder?"

     " I don't take orders from-"

     At her glare, he grumbled and went to take the rudder.

     Mallory turned to my brother again." Was it Loki you saw?"

     " Yeah..."

     " That trickster," the redhead practically snarled." We've all been seeing him in our nightmares lately. When I get my hands on him-"

     " Hey," T.J. interrupted." Mallory, I know you want revenge even more than most of us, but-"

     Mallory cut him off with another glare, I decided not to test her patience by saying anything.

     " Magnus," Mallory continued." Loki's calling you out. If you have that dream again, don't talk to him. Don't be baited."

     " Baited into what?" Magnus asked.

     Before Mallory had the chance to answer, Halfborn yelled from behind us," Valkyrie at ten o'clock!"

     Mallory glared back at the berserker." Do you have to be so loud you oaf?"

     " This is my normal voice, woman!"

     " Yes, I know. Loud and annoying."

     " If you don't like it-"

     " Magnus," Mallory cut him off." We'll talk later." She got up and took Halfborn's ax from the ground and brandishing it at him." You can have this back when you start to behave."

     She claimed down the ladder that lead below deck.

     " Oh no she didn't!" Halfborn yelled, abandoning the rudder to chase after her.

     T.J. rushed to take hold of the rudder in Halfborn's absence." Those two picked a terrible time to break up."

     " Wait, what!?" Magnus asked, as I moved to sit next to him.

     " You didn't hear?"

     " They've been broken up for about a week now."

     Magnus shook his head." Why the breakup?"

     " The afterlife is a marathon, not a sprint. Long-term relationships are tricky when you live forever," T.J. pointed out." It's not uncommon for einherji couples to break up sixty, seventy times over the course of a few centuries."

     " And we're stuck on a ship with them," Magnus realized," while they're working out their differences, surrounded by a wide assortment of weapons."

     " They're both professionals," T.J. assured." I'm sure it'll be fine."

     There was a THUNK from bellow deck as we heard an ax hit something wooden, hopefully not the walls of the boat.

     " Provided they don't forget we're not in valhalla and thus can't be revived," I added.

     " Right, and the stuff Mallory was saying about Loki?"

     T.J. stopped smiling at the question." We all have our problems with the trickster."

     Magnus didn't push the topic any further." Mallory said Loki was calling me out, and that I shouldn't take the bait?"

     " Mallory's right. Some challenges you should never take, especially from Loki."

     " T.J., isn't your dad the god of personal challenges and duesl and whatnot?" Magnus recalled.

     " Exactly. Look, Sam and Alex have company."

     I glanced over towards where the two children of Loki stood, behind which stood an old friend. Amir Fadlan.

A/N: Nothing much to say today, apart from the fact that I got my flue shot, so as always, I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.