I Love Having Vikings As Friends

I should've expected that when T.J. had said 'the others' he was including Gunilla in that, infact, at this point I should've probably expected nearly anything, but I was somehow still surprised when I saw the Valkyrie captain standing a little ways away from us.

     " Well, well," Fenris said." I haven't had this much company since my binding party."

     Gunilla glared at us." Thomas Jefferson Jr., you and your hallmates take the prisoners. Go around the edges, obviously. Slow and careful."

     Our fellow einherjar did so, all of them apart from Halfborn looking at least mildly unhappy about the situation. On the other hand, the berserker didn't seem to care that he was on a magic island with the most dangerous four-legged creature in the nine worlds.

     " Sam," my brother whispered." If we're taken-"

     " I know."

     " No one will be here to stop Surt."

     " I know."

     " We can take them," Blitz reasoned." They're not wearing armor, much less fashionable armor."

     " No, these are Willow's and my shield bro- our shield siblings. Let me try talking to them."

     I held up one hand to signal for the others to shut up." Please, calm down, Magnus is right, we're not in any danger from them."

     Crazy. Hearth signed. You?

     " Interesting company you two keep," Fenris remarked." Someone is hiding, but I can smell him. Which one is he, eh? Perhaps I will get a feast today after all!"

     " Sorry Fuzzball," Magnus said." No idea what you're talking about."

     " We shall see, I wonder if he will dare to show his true face."

     " Chase!" Gunilla yelled, ignoring Fenris." Do not speak with the wolf again or I will cave in your skull."

     " Gunilla!" My brother greeted." Great to see you again too. Surt is on his way right now. We don't have time for this."

     " Oh? Have you made common cause with the fire lord who killed you? Or perhaps that was part of the plan from the beginning to get you and your sister into Valhalla."

     " For a child of Thor," Sam remarked." You think too much."

     " And you, daughter of Loki, listen to little. Jefferson, hurry it up!"

     " You both led us on quite the chase, Chase," Mallory said.

     " Clever, how long have you been waiting to use that line?"

     " Although," I added." It doesn't really work in the plural if there are two of us."

     X looked at the wolf." Wolf's rope is loose. This is not good."

     " No fraternizing!" Gunilla yelled." I want them in chains!"

     " Here's the thing Willow, Magnus," T.J. said, carrying five sets of handcuffs." Gunilla made it clear that if we don't prove our loyalty to Valhalla by apprehending both of you, we will spend the next hundred years in the boiler room shoveling coal. So consider yourselves under arrest, blah, blah, blah."

     " But the other thing," Halfborn added." Is we're Vikings, we're pretty back at following orders. So consider yourselves free again."

     T.J. dropped the handcuffs." Oops."

     I grinned.

     " You mean-"

     " He means, you idiot," Mallory interrupted." That we're here to help."

     I ran over and gave T.J. a hug." Thank you for the help."

     " No problem, what do you need us to do?"

     " Our dwarf has a rope to rebind the Wolf," Sam said." If we can-"

     " Enough!" Gunilla yelled." I will take you all back in chains if I must."

     Fenris, who had been watching in a happy silence for the past minute, spoke up." That would be delightful to watch. Unfortunately, Valkyrie, you are too slow. My other friends have arrived, and they won't be taking any prisoners."

     X turned towards the south." There."

     Hearth's staff lit up as a dozen fire giants entered our field of vision, all colored in shades of red or black, all of them seemingly unbothered by the Heather. Surt led the way, wearing a three piece suit of chainmail, and still without a nose.

     " That's my design," Blitz scowled." He stole my design."

     " Magnus Chase!" Surt yelled." I see you have brought my new sword. Excellent!"

     Jack attempted to leap out of my brothers hands." My master... he shall be my master."

     " Surrender the sword and I will kill you quickly," the fire giant declared." As for Odin's wenches, I make no promises."

     " Lord Surt," Fenris said." As much as I love posturing and threats, can we move things along? Moon-light is a-wasting."

     " T.J." Magnus turned to our friend.

     " Yeah?"

     " You asked how you could help. My friends and I need to rebind Fenris Wolf. Can you keep those fire giants busy?"

     " I charged uphill against seventeen hundred confederates," T.J. said with a smile." I think I can handle a dozen fire giants." He turned to the valkyries." Captain Gunilla, are you with us? Because I'd rather not fight another Civil War."

     Gunilla looked at the giants before raising her spear." Death to Surt! Death to the enemies of Asgard!"

     The three valkyries charged.

     " I guess we're in business. Fix bayonets!"

     I exchanged my sword for the bow and arrow Freya had given me before looking at Fenris." You said children of Frey have never been fighters? Allow me to prove you wrong."

A/N: Just like with the last chapter, the picture above is what Willow's weapon ( in this case her staff, again changed from a normal street lamp to this, by magic) looks like. I hope at least someone somewhat enjoyed this chapter, any to all comments from anyone about anything make my day, and just keep in mind the world is your erster.