Introduction

Flashback

"What do you mean you're just leaving like that?"

"Ben, I am seeing someone... I never meant to hurt you like this. I've reached a point where I must prioritize myself. My therapist insisted I stop sacrificing my well-being for others and start focusing on me."

Annisa's words echoed through the room as she violently rummaged through drawers, hurling her belongings into boxes, sealing them in a whirlwind of desperation. Ben stood there, a helpless witness to the dismantling of their shared life.

"So can we go to therapy together... try and salvage what we have left?"

"Ben... My therapist is my new partner. I'm sorry, but I need someone who is there for me, attending to my needs."

Annisa loaded the hastily packed boxes into her sleek G Wagon, a symbol of her newfound independence.

The scene played out like a heart-wrenching flashback, an indelible moment etched in Ben's memory, as the door closed on the remnants of their shattered relationship.

A month after the breakup...

Ben's Pov

I stepped onto the set of my latest commercial, making my way to the trailer to prepare for the shoot.

"Who's directing, and what's the project about?" I asked while adjusting my appearance in the mirror. As I meticulously groomed my beard and styled my hair, my talented hairstylist worked her magic.

"It's Jennifer Lopez, the director. Surprising, considering her diverse career," my hairstylist shared, deftly combing and refining my hair.

"Hmm, interesting," I mused.

After completing my preparations, I emerged from the trailer. Swinging the door open, I glanced to my left and saw her—a stunning brunette with a slender, petite frame and an unparalleled figure. A literal goddess.

As she turned to look at me, our eyes briefly met before she returned her attention to her seat. Determined, I made my way to the director's area.

"Hi, I'm Ben," I greeted, extending my hand.

"I know. I requested you," Jen replied subtly, shaking my hand with a soft touch. Glancing at her hands, I marveled at their softness and youthful appearance. I quickly shifted my focus to her perfectly manicured, baby blue nails. She seemed flawless.

"Head over to the marked spot, read through your lines, and let me know when you're ready," Jen instructed professionally, eyeing the script before meeting my gaze.

Caught in a momentary gaze, I swiftly averted my eyes back to the script. "What is this feeling? I feel like I'm going to be sick," I thought to myself as I delved into my lines.

To be continued...