Mystery Caller

Ben's Perspective

Jennifer was in her room, engrossed in watching TV while applying her makeup. There were no special plans for her today, just a JLo Beauty live session later on. I found myself in my office, focused on editing the script for Matt's upcoming commercial next week. The kids were with me, quietly working on their homework via their iPads. To create a pleasant working environment, I decided to play some relaxing music.

After an hour, I decided to take a short break. I strolled over to Jennifer's room, finding her still in the midst of getting ready. She was meticulously shaping her eyebrows. I couldn't help but chuckle softly, watching her make that characteristic face. With her mouth slightly open, she held the mirror in one hand and the eyebrow pencil in the other.

"Hello, beauty queen," I chuckled, finding her incredibly endearing.

"Hi, honey," she replied softly, finishing her eyebrows before moving on to apply eyeshadow."I'm going to take the kids out for some ice cream. They've been working diligently on their homework just like me. Do you want to join us?" I offered.

"Babe, I don't have my lashes or eyeshadow done yet," she replied softly, completely focused in blending her eyeshadow.

"Okay, then. I'll bring you something back. Love you," I said, leaning in to kiss her on the head. She paused her makeup routine and looked up at me. Puckering her lips, she shot me a kissy face. I placed a gentle kiss on her lips, making her smile.

"Cookies and cream, with a side of cookies, please," she requested with a grin.

"I know," I replied, returning her smile and caressing her cheek before leaving to gather the kids."Lets go, guys," I called out to the children.

"Where are we going?" Cy said.

"Ice cream break. You guys have been working just as hard as I have, so you deserve a treat," I explained, and the kids got excited, quickly leaving their seats. We headed to the car and set off to get some ice cream.

Jennifer's Perspective

I had just finished getting ready, about half an hour after Ben and the kids had left. I was getting ready to go live on a JLo Beauty session, and my makeup artist, Larry, and hairstylist, Elaine, had just arrived. As I was preparing, my phone rang, displaying an unknown caller ID. I usually wouldn't answer such calls, but something compelled me to pick it up.

"Hello?" I answered cautiously.

"Hey, baby. I missed you," a woman's voice on the other end said.

Confused and alarmed, I responded, "What? I think you have the wrong number."

"Um... This is the number I was given to contact Ben... But okay. Sorry," she replied hastily and hung up.

My heart raced, and I exclaimed, "What the heck?" just as Larry and Elaine walked into my room."What happened?" Elaine asked, concern etched on her face.

"Some woman called, asking for Ben, and she said that my number was the one given to her. She thought I was Ben and told me, 'Hey, Baby, I miss you.' That's my husband she's talking about... Why would Ben do this to me?" I said, feeling frustrated and upset.

"Honey... What if it was just a prank?" Elaine suggested, trying to calm the situation.

"I... Ugh! I can't. I can't fathom that Ben would mess up our marriage so early," I replied, my distress evident.

"Well, it does sound oddly familiar, doesn't it?" Larry added with a shrug.

"Enough with the comparisons," I laughed softly, shaking my head.

"Alex messed up four times, Jenn... You never know. He is a Leo, and so is Ben. But who knows? Maybe not all Leos are the same, as you often say," Larry said thoughtfully.

"I guess... I don't even want to think about it. If I do, it will show on my face, and I can't afford to be distracted. My fans know me too well," I said as we walked downstairs and set up my phone for a live stream in the backyard. After answering questions and chatting with my fans for an hour, I bade them farewell and ended the live stream. Ben came out and kissed my head.

"Hey, babe, you did so well," he praised with a smile.

"Shut up," I replied, annoyed, and walked past him. Ben looked at me, clearly upset. He glanced at Elaine and Larry, who quickly looked away, not wanting to get involved.

To be continued...